National Defence Academy Examination (II) – NDA & NA Exam II 2017 Pay Scale – NDA Exam Date 2017 – NDA Exam Center 2017 – NDA Eligibility 2017 – NDA Pay Scale 2017 – NDA Application Fee 2017 – NDA Application Form 2017 – NDA Application Last Date 2017 – NDA Admit Card 2017 – NDA Exam Scheme 2017 – NDA Syllabus 2017
The selected candidates for the three services, viz., Army, Navy and Air Force are given preliminary training both academic and physical for a period of 3 years at the National Defence Academy which is an Inter-Service Institution. The training during the first two and half years is common to the cadets of three wings. All the cadets on passing out will be awarded degrees from Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi as under :
- Army Cadets – B.Sc./B.Sc. (Computer)/BA/B.Tech degree*
- Naval Cadets – B.Tech degree*
- Air Force Cadets – B.Tech degree*
*Note : All the cadets undergoing B.Sc./B.Sc (Computer)/BA Degree program shall be awarded the degree on the successful completion of Academics, Physical and Service Training at NDA. All the cadets undergoing B.Tech program shall be awarded the B.Tech degree on the successful completion of Academics. Physical and Service Training at NDA and the subsequent Pre Commissioning Training Academies/Institutions/Ships/Air Craft.
The selected candidates of the Naval Academy will be given preliminary training both academic and physical, for a period of 04 years at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala. The cadets of 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme will be awarded a B.Tech Degree on successful completion of training.
On passing out from the National Defence Academy, Army Cadets go to the Indian Military Academy, Dehra Dun, Naval Cadets to Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala and Air Force cadets to AFA, Hyderabad.
At the I.M.A. Army Cadets are known as Gentlemen Cadets and are given strenuous military training for a period of one year aimed at turning officer capable of leading infantry Sub-units. On successful completion of training Gentlemen Cadets are granted Permanent Commission in the rank of Lt subject to being medically fit in “SHAPE” one.
The Naval cadets are selected for the Executive Branch of the Navy, on passing out from the National Defence Academy and are given further training at Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala for a period of one year on successful completion of which they are promoted to the rank of Sub Lieutenants.
Air Force Cadets receive flying training for a period of 1½ years. However, at the end of 1 year of training they are given provisional Commission in the rank of Flying Officer. After successful completion of further training of six months they are absorbed as permanent commissioned officers on probation for a period of one year.
Terms and Conditions of Services
Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy
- Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training Gentlemen cadets during the entire duration of training in Service academies i.e. during training period at IMA and OTA shall be entitled to stipend of 21,000/- P.M. ( 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/-).
a. Rank Pay Band () Lieutenant to Major 15,600 - 39,100 ( PB - 3 ) Lieutenant Colonel to Major General 37,400 - 67,000 ( PB - 4 ) Lieutenant General HAG 67,000 - ( annual scale increment @ 3% ) - 79,000 HAG + Scale * ( *Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens ) 75,500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80,000 VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lieutenant General 80,000 ( fixed ) ( NFSG ) COAS 90,000 ( fixed )
(b) In addition to pay, Grade pay will also be given as under :
Lietunant 5,400/- Captain 6,100/- Major 6,600/- Lietunant Colonel 8,000/- Colonel 8,700/- Brigade 8,900/- Major General 10,000/-
(c) A fixed sum of 6,000/- p.m. is also payable as Military Service Pay ( MSP ) to the officers from the rank of Lieutenant to Brigade.
- Qualification Pay and Grant : Officers possessing certain prescribed Qualification are entitled to lumpsum Qualification Grant of 6000/-, 9,000/-, 15,000/- or 20,000/- based on the qualification held by them. The Army Aviators ( Pilots ) serving in Army Aviation Corps are entitled to the Qualification Pay, based on the Qualification held by them as under :
- Master Aviation Instructor – 500/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class I – 400/- p.m.
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class II – 280/-p.m.
- Aviators holding Master Green Card – 400/-p.m.
- Aviators holding Green Card – 280/ -p.m.
The Army Aviators ( Pilots ) serving in the Army Aviation Corps are Entitled to flying allowance as under :
Brigade & above 10,500/- Major to Colonel 14,000/- Captain 11,000/- Lieutenant 9,000/-
- Allowances : In addition to pay, an officer at present receives the following allowances :
- Dearness Allowances are admissible at the same rates and under the same conditions as are applicable to the Civilian Gazetted Officers from time to time.
- A kit maintainance allowances of 400/- p.m.
- Depending upon rank and area of posting, officer posted to Field Areas will be eligible for compensatory Highly active Field Area Allowance at the rate of 6,780/- to 8,400/- p.m. Compensatory Field Area Allowance at the rate of 4,200/- to 5,200/- p.m. and Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance at the rate of 1,600/ to 2,000/- p.m.
- In addition to the Compensatory Field Areas Allowance, officers posted to areas situated at a height of 9,000 ft and above are entitled for High Altitude Allowance in the range of 1,060 p.m. to 11,200 p.m. depending upon rank of the officer and place of posting.
- Uniform Allowance : Initial allowance for one time kit @ 14,000/- and 3,000/- for every three years.
- Transport Allowance : Transport @ 3,200/- + DA thereon p.m. in A-1/A class Cities and 1600/- + DA thereon p.m. at other places shall be admissible to officers.Note : “In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness Allowance has gone up by 100%”.