National Defence Academy Examination (I) – NDA & NA Exam I 2018 Online Application Form – Kindly visit for UPSC NDA Exam II 2018 Application Details : NDA II Exam 2018 Online Application Form
Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above-mentioned website
How to Apply for UPSC NDA I Exam 2018
Note 1 : The applicants are advised to submit only single application; however if due to any unavoidable situation, if he submits another / multiple applications, then he must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicants’ details, examination centre, photograph, signature, fee etc. The applicants who are submitting multiple applications should note that only the applications with higher RID
Note : 2 All candidates whether already in Government Service including candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Sailors ( including boys and artificers apprentices ) of the Indian Navy, Cadets of Rashtriya Indian Military College ( previously known as Sainik School, Dehradun ), Students of Rashtriya Military Schools ( formerly known as Military Schools ) and Sainik Schools run by Sainik Schools Society, Government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment should apply online direct to the Commission.
Persons already in Government Service, whether in permanent or temporary capacity or as work charged employees other than casual or daily rated employees or those serving under the Public Enterprises;
Candidates serving in the Armed Forces, Sailors ( including boys and artificers apprentices ) of the Indian Navy; and
Cadets of Rashtriya Indian Military College ( previously known as Sainik School, Dehra Dun ), Students of Military Schools formerly known as King George’s Schools and Sainik Schools run by Sainik Schools Society are required to inform their Head of Office / Department, Commanding Officer, Principals of College / School concerned, as the case may be, in writing that they have applied for this examination. Candidates should note that in case a communication is received by the Commission from their employer / authority concerned withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected / candidatures will be liable to be cancelled.
Note 3 : While filling in the application form, the candidate should carefully decide about his choice for the centre for the examination.
If any candidate appears at a centre other than the one indicated by the Union Public Service Commission in his e-Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Note 4 :
UPSC NDA I Exam 2018 application forms without the prescribed fee ( Unless remission of Fee is claimed as in para 4 above ) or incomplete applications for National Defence Academy Exam 2018 shall be summarily rejected. No Representation or correspondence regarding such rejection shall be entertained under any circumstances. Candidates are not required to submit alongwith their applications for UPSC NDA I Exam 2018 any certificate in support of their claims regarding Age, Educational Qualifications, Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Classes and Fee Remission Etc.
They should, therefore, ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the National Defence Academy examination. Their Admission to the UPSC NDA Examination I 2018 will also therefore be purely provisional. If on verification at any later date it is found that they do not fulfil all eligibility conditions, their candidature will be cancelled. The result of the written part of the National Defence Academy examination I 2018 is likely to be declared in the month of July, 2018.
All the candidates who have successfully qualified in the written examination are required to register themselves online on Directorate General of Recruiting website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in E-mail ID as provided to UPSC while filling UPSC online application should invariably be used while registering on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in These candidates would then be allotted Selection Centres through the aforesaid website. In case of any problems / queries, candidates should contact Directorate General of Recruiting on the telephone numbers given on their website or through feedback / query module after logging on to their profile.
Note 5 : Candidates who have passed NDA & NA Written Test 2018 are not required to submit their original certificate of Age and Educational Qualification either to Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block-III, RK Puram, New Delhi – 110 066 Or To : Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI & R Section, “C” Wing Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110 011.
All candidates called for NDA interview must carry their original matriculation certificate or equivalent examination certificate to the Services Selection Board ( SSB ). Originals will have to be produced by the candidates who qualify at the National Defence Academy SSB Interview soon after the NDA 1 interview 2018. The originals will be returned after verification. Those candidates who have already passed 10+2 Examination must carry their Original 10+2 pass certificate or marks sheet for the National Defence Academy SSB interview. If any of their claims is found to be incorrect they may render themselves liable to disciplinary action by the Union Public Service Commission in terms of the following provisions :
NDA & NA Examination (I) 2018 Admit
The Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available in the UPSC website upsc.gov.in for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. For downloading the eAdmit Card the candidate must have his vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. ( if received ) & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him.
If a candidate does not receive his e-Admit Card or any other communication regarding his candidature for the examination one week before the commencement of the examination, he should at once contact the Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over Phone Nos. 011–23385271 /011–23381125 / 011–23098543 Extn 4119, 4120. In case no communication is received in the Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his e-Admit Card at least one week before the examination, he himself will be solely responsible for nonreceipt of his e-Admit Card.
No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he holds a certificate of admission for the examination. On receipt of e-Admit Card, check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of the UPSC immediately. The courses to which the candidates are admitted will be according to their eligibility as per educational qualifications for different courses and the preferences given by the candidates. The candidates should note that their admission to the examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the Application Form. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions.
If a candidate receives an e-Admit Card in respect of some other candidate on account of processing error, it should be notified to the Commission with a request to issue the correct e-Admit Card. Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the examination on the strength of an e-Admit Card issued in respect of another candidate.
The decision of the Commission as to the acceptance of the application of a candidate and his eligibility or otherwise for admission to the Examination shall be final.
Candidates should note that the name in the e-Admit Card in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
Candidates must ensure that their e.mail Ids given in their online applications are valid and active.
A candidate who is or has been declared by the Union Public Service Commission to be guilty of
- Obtaining support for his candidature by any means, or
- Impersonating, or
- Procuring impersonation by any person, or
- Submitting fabricated documents or documents which have been tampered with, or
- Making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information, or
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his candidature for the UPSC NDA I examination 2018, or
- Using unfair means during the UPSC National Defence Academy 1 2018 examination, or
- Writing irrelevant matter, including obscene language or pornographic matter, in the script (s), or
- Misbehaving in any other manner in the NDA 1 2018examination hall, or
- Harassing or doing bodily harm to the Staff employed by the Union Public Service Commission for the conduct of their National Defence Academy 1 examination 2018, or
- Being in possession of or using mobile phone, pager bluetooth or any electronic equipment or device or any other equipment capable of being used as a communication device during the NDA I examination 2018.
- Violating any of the instructions issued to candidates along with their Admission Certificates permitting them to take the UPSC NDA I 2018 examination, or
- Attempting to commit or as the case may be abetting the Union Public Service Commission of all or any of the acts specified in the foregoing clauses, may in addition to rendering himself liable to criminal prosecution be liable.
- To be disqualified by the Union Public Service Commission from the UPSC NDA 1 examination 2018 for which he is a candidate and / or
- To be debarred either permanently or for a specified period
- By the Union Public Service Commission from any examination or selection held by them.
- By the Central Government from any employment under them; and
- If he is already in service under Government to disciplinary action under the appropriate rules.
Provided that no penalty under this rule shall be imposed except after :
- Giving the candidate an opportunity of making such representation, in writing as he may wish to make in that behalf; and
- Taking the representation, if any, submitted by the candidate within the period allowed to him into consideration.
Instructions to the Candidates for filling Online application for UPSC NDA I Entrance Exam 2018
Candidates are required to apply Online for UPSC NDA I Entrance Exam 2018 by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
Salient Features of the system of UPSC NDA I Exam 2018 Online Application Form are given here under
- Detailed instructions for filling up UPSC NDA 1 2018 Entrance Exam Online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- Candidates will be required to complete the Online Application form for NDA 1 2018 Examination containing two stages viz. Part – I and Part – II
- The candidates are required to pay a fee of 100/- ( Rupees One Hundred Only ) [ excepting SC / ST candidates and those specified in Note - 2 of Para 4 of the Notice who are exempted from payment of fee ] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur / State Bank of Hyderabad / State Bank of Mysore / State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa / Master Credit / Debit Card.
- Before start filling up on Online Application for UPSC NDA I Exam 2018, a candidate must have his photograph and signature duly scanned in the .jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40 KB and must not be less than 3 KB in size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The National Defence Academy I 2018 Online applications ( Part I and II ) can be filled from 15th January, 2018 to 5th February, 2018 till 6.00 P.M.
- Applicants should avoid submitting multiple applications. However, if due to any unavoidable circumstances any applicant submits multiple applications then he must ensure that the applications for UPSC NDA I Exam 2018 with higher RID is complete in all respects.
- In case of multiple UPSC NDA I Exam applications, the applications for National Defence Academy with higher RID shall be entertained by the Union Public Service Commission and fee paid against one RID shall not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their NDA Online Application Form, they are providing their valid and active E-mail IDs as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode of communication while contacting them at different stages of examination process.
- The applicants are advised to check their emails at regulars intervals and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the SPAM folder or any other folder.
- Candidates are strongly advised to apply Online for UPSC NDA I Exam 2018 well in time without waiting for the last date for submission of NDA Entrance Exam online application 2018.