National Defence Academy Examination (I) – NDA & NA Exam I 2018 Date – Also visit for UPSC NDA II 2018 Exam Details : UPSC NDA Exam II 2018
An Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 22nd April, 2018 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 141th Course, and for the 103rd Indian Naval Academy Course ( INAC ) commencing from 2nd January, 2019.
The date of holding the UPSC NDA I examination 2018 as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission.
The approximate number of NDA Exam I 2018 vacancies to be filled on the results of National Defence Academy examination 1 2018 will be as under :
|NDA & NA Academy||NDA No. of Vacancies|
|National Defence Academy||360 ( 208 for Army, 60 for Navy
and 92 for Air Force )
|Naval Academy (10 +2 Cadet Entry Scheme )||55|
UPSC NDA 1 vacancies 2018 are provisional and may be changed depending on the availability of training capacity of National Defence Academy and Indian Naval Academy.
A candidate is required to specify clearly in the Online Application Form the Services for which he wishes to be considered in the order of his preference [ 1 to 4 ]. He is also advised to indicate as many preferences as he wishes to opt so that having regard to his rank in the order of merit due consideration can be given to his preferences when making appointments.
Candidates should note that they will be considered for appointment to those services only for which they express their preferences and for no other service(s). No request for addition/alteration in the preferences already indicated by a candidate in his application will be entertained by the Commission.
Admission to the above courses will be made on the results of the written examination to be conducted by the Commission followed by intelligence and personality test by the Services Selection Board of candidates who qualify in the written examination.
Important Instructions for NDA Exam 2018
- Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the NDA & NA I Examination 2018 : The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for interview / Personality Test.
- Online Application Form for UPSC NDA Examination I 2018 : Candidates are required to apply NDA & NA I Exam 2018 Online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the Online application form for UPSC NDA Entrance Exam I 2018 Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
- Last Date for Submission of UPSC NDA Exam I 2018 Online Applications : The Online applications for UPSC NDA I Exam 2018 can be filled upto 05th February, 2018 till 6.00 PM
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the NDA & NA examination. The UPSC NDA 1 Exam e-Admit Card 2018 will be made available on the UPSC website www.upsc.gov.in for being downloaded by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up Online application form as the Union Public Service Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet ( Answer Sheet ), candidates must use black ball pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling of details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” .
- Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates : In case of any guidances / information / clarification regarding their application, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. to 17.00 hrs.
- Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, pagers / bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the UPSC NDA I examination 2018 is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future UPSC National Defence Academy I 2018 examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones / pagers / bluetooth or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the UPSC NDA I 2018 examination as arrangement for safekeeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- Candidates are required to apply Online for NDA & NA Exams 2018 at www.upsconline.nic.in only. No other mode is allowed for submission of application.