Indian Economic Service Indian Statistical Service – IES ISS Exam 2017 Important Instructions
1. Candidates to Ensure their Eligibility for the IES / ISS Examination 2017
Candidates applying for the IES ISS examination 2017 should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Indian Economic Service Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination for IES ISS 2017 will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed IES ISS Exam eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of E-Admission Certificate for IES ISS Exam to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the Union Public Service Commission.
Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for IES ISS Interview / Personality Test.
2. IES ISS Exam 2017 Online Application Form :
Candidates are required to apply Online for IES ISS Exam only by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix – II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
3. Last Date for Submission of IES ISS Online Applications 2017 :
The IES ISS 2017 Online Applications can be filled upto 3rd March, 2017 till 18.00 Hours, after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid and active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. Special Instructions for IES ISS Exam 2017 :
Candidates are advised to read carefully “Special Instructions to the Candidates for Conventional Type Tests” and “Special Instructions for Objective Type Tests”.
6. Penalty for Wrong Answers ( In Objective Type Question Paper ) :
Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Paper.
7. Instructions for Filling Up OMR Sheets :
- For both writing and marking answers in the OMR Sheets ( Answer Sheet ) candidates must use black ball point pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read Special Instructions contained in Appendix – IV of the Notice.
- Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling in details in the OMR answer sheet; especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
8. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates :
In case of any guidance / information / clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011-23385271 / 011-23381125 / 011- 23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
9. Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobile phones, bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones / pagers or any valuable / costly items to the venue of the UPSC examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured. Union Public Service Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
Are Required to apply online at www.upsconline.nic.in only. No Other mode is allowed for Submission of Application.