CDS 2 2017 Exam Instructions
For candidates joining the Air Force Academy :
- There are three modes of entry into F(P) Course viz. CDSE / NCC / Airmen. Candidates who apply for Air Force through more than one source will be tested / Interviewed at Air Force Selection Boards only once for Air Force as well as other arms of services. Common candidate who fail in Computer Pilot Selection system ( CPSS ) / PAB test as an NCC or Airman candidate will be called again for OLQ testing for Army / Navy / OTA only, if it is found that he has applied through CDS Exam also.
- Detailing for Training : Candidates recommended by the AFSBs and found medically fit by appropriate medical establishment are detailed for training strictly on the basis of merit and availability of vacancies. Separate merit list are prepared for Direct entry candidates through UPSC and for NCC candidates. The merit list for Direct Entry Flying ( pilot ) candidates is based on the combined marks secured by the candidates in the tests conducted by the UPSC and at the Air Force Selection Boards. The merit list for NCC candidates is prepared on the basis of marks secured by them at AFSBs.
- Training : The approximate duration of training for Flying Branch ( Pilots ) at the Air Force Academy will be 74 weeks.
Insurance cover during Flying Training – ( Rates are under revision ) : Air Force Group Insurance Society would pay1,00,000/- for a monthly contribution of800/- pm. as ex-gratia award to the next-of-kin of a flight cadet drawn from Civil life and undergoing flying training in an unfortunate eventuality. In case, flight cadet undergoing flying training is medically invalidated boarded out, he would be paid20,000/- as ex gratia award for 100% disability and this reduces proportionately upto 20%.Cadets are authorised fixed stipend amounting to21000/- per month (15600/- pay in the pay band and5400/- as grade pay ) during training. “On successful completion of training the stipend admitted will be converted as pay for all purposes. However, the period of training shall not be treated as commissioned service.”
Once flight cadets are granted pay and allowances by government, the death cover would be 50,000/- and the disability cover would be25,000/- for 100% disability. This cover would be provided by AFGIS on payment of monthly non-refundable contribution of76/- by each flight cadet undergoing flying training for which membership would be compulsory.
Conditions governing Financial Assistance :
- While the cost of training including accommodations, books, uniforms, boarding and medical treatment will be borne by Government, candidates will be expected to meet their pocket expenses themselves. The minimum expenses at the Air Force Academy are not likely to exceed14,000 ( under revision ) per mensem. If a cadet’s parent or guardian is unable to meet wholly / partly even this expenditure, financial assistance may be granted by the Government. No cadet whose parent or guardian has an income of750/- or above per month would be eligible for the grant of the financial assistance. The immovable property and other assets and income from all sources are also taken into account for determining the eligibility for financial assistance. The parent / guardian of a candidate desirous of having any financial assistance, should immediately, after his son / ward has been finally selected for training at the Air Force Academy, submit an application through the District Magistrate of his district who will, with his recommendations, forward the application to the Commandant, Pre Flying Training Courses, Begumpet.
- Candidates finally selected for training at the Air Force Academy will be required to deposit the following amount ( under revision ) with the Commandant on arrival.
Total 2340/- Pocket allowance for six months @ 140/- per month 840/- For item of clothing and equipment 1500/-
Out of the amount mentioned above the following amount is refundable to the cadets in the event of financial assistance being sanctioned.Pocket allowance for the six months @ 140/- per month : 840/-.