CDS Exam 2017 Acknowledgement of Application
Correspondence with the Union Public Service Commission / Army / Naval / Air Head Quarters :
The Union Public Service Commission will not enter into any correspondence with the candidates about their candidature except in the following cases :
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate for CDS Exam II 2017 three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [www.upsc.gov.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. For downloading the e-Admission Certificate / e-Admit Card the candidate must have his / her vital parameters like RID & Date of Birth or Roll No. ( if received ) & date of birth or name, father’s name & Date of Birth available with him / her.
- If a candidate does not receive his / her e-Admission Certificate or any other communication regarding his / her candidature for the CDS examination II 2017 three weeks before the commencement of the examination, he / she should at once contact the Union Public Service Commission. Information in this regard can also be obtained from the Facilitation Counter located in the Commission’s Office either in person or over phone Nos. 011-23381125 / 011-23385271 / 011-23098543. In case no communication is received in the Commission’s Office from the candidate regarding non-receipt of his / her e-Admission Certificate at least 3 weeks before the examination, he / she himself / herself will be solely responsible for non-receipt of his / her e-Admission Certificate. No candidate will ordinarily be allowed to take the examination unless he / she holds an e-admission certificate for the examination. On receipt of Admission Certificate, check it carefully and bring discrepancies / errors, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
The courses to which the candidates are admitted will be according to their eligibility as per age and educational qualifications for different courses and the preferences given by the candidates. The candidates should note that their admission to the CDS examination will be purely provisional based on the information given by them in the Application Form. This will be subject to verification of all the eligibility conditions.
- If a candidate receives an e-Admission Certificate for CDS Exam 2017 in respect of some other candidate on account of handling error, the same should be immediately brought to the notice of the Union Public Service Commission with a request to issue the correct e-Admission Certificate. Candidates may note that they will not be allowed to take the examination for CDS II 2017 on the strength of an Admission Certificate issued in respect of another candidate.
- The decision of the Union Public Service Commission as to the acceptance of the application of a candidate and his / her eligibility or otherwise for admission to the Examination for CDS II 2017 shall be final.
- Candidates should note that the name in the Combined Defence Service exam 2017 e-admission certificate in some cases, may be abbreviated due to technical reasons.
- Candidates must ensure that their e-mail IDs given in their applications for CDS Exam 2017 are valid and active.
Important : All communications to the Union Public Service Commission / Army Headquarters should invariably contain the following particulars.
- Name and year of the UPSC examination.
- Registration ID ( RID )
- Roll Number ( if received )
- Name of candidate ( in full and in block letters )
- Complete postal Address as given in the application for CDS Exam 2017 with telephone number, if any.
- Communications not containing the above particulars may not be attended to.
- If a letter / communication is received from a candidate after an examination for CDS II 2017 has been held and it does not give his / her full name and Roll number, it will be ignored and no action will be taken thereon.
- Candidates recommended by the Union Public Service Commission for CDS interview by the Services Selection Board who have changed their addresses subsequent to the submission of their application for the CDS II examination 2017 should immediately after announcement of the result of the written part of the CDS examination notify the changed address, along with an unstamped self addressed envelope, also to Army Headquarters, A.G’s Branch, Rtg. CDSE Entry Section for males and SSC Women Entry Section for women candidates, West Block-III, Ground Floor, Wing 1, Ramakrishnapuram, New Delhi – 110 066 in case of IMA / SSC first choice candidates and IHQ of MoD ( Navy ), DMPR ( OI & R Section ) Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011 in case of Navy first choice candidates, and PO 3 (A) Air HQS. ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi 110 011 in case of Air Force first choice candidates.Failure to comply with this instruction will deprive the candidate of any claim to consideration in the event of his / her not receiving the summon letter for CDS interview by the Services Selection Board. For all queries regarding allotment of centres, date of SSB interview, merit list, Joining Instructions, and other relevant information regarding selection process, please visit website www.joinindianarmy.nic.inor contact Recruiting Directorate on Tele No. : ( 011- 26173215 ) and Fax No. : 011-26196205 between 1400hrs to 1700hrs on all working days in case of candidates having IMA or OTA as their first choice and PO3 (A) / Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi 110 011 in the case of candidates having Air Force as first choice and IHQ of MoD ( Navy ) DMPR, ( OI & R Section ) Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 011 in the case of candidates having Navy as first choice.
Candidates are requested to report for Combined Defence Service SSB interview on the date intimated to them in the call up letter for CDS interview.Requests for postponing CDS interview will only be considered in very genuine circumstances and that too if it is administratively convenient for which Army Headquarters / Air Headquarters / Naval HQ will be the sole deciding authority. Such requests should be sent to Selection Centre / SSB from where the call for CDS SSB interview has been received. Navy candidates can download their call letters from the naval website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in or send email at firstname.lastname@example.org three weeks after publication of results.
Note : In case a candidate does not get the CDS interview call for SSB interview for IMA by 4th week of February, 2018 and by 4th week of May, 2018 for OTA, he / she should write to Army Headquarters / Rtg. CDSE Entry / SSC Women Entry for Officers Training Academy, 175, West Block-III, Ramakrishnapuram, New Delhi – 110 066 or contact on telephone No. 26176028 regarding non-receipt of the CDS call-up letter. For similar query by the Navy / Air Force candidates, having first choice as given ibid, should write to Naval Hqrs. or Air Hqrs. as mentioned in N.B. III ( in case of non-receipt of call by 4th week of February, 2018 ).
- Original certificates submission of – Those candidates who qualify in the CDS Exam SSB interview will be required to submit their original certificates alongwith two attested copies thereof in support of educational qualification at Services Selection Centre after CDS SSB interview. Those appearing for Degree Examination will be required to submit their certificates by May, 2018, ( August, 2018 in the case of SSC only ). Instructions for the same will be given at SSB. Original certificates will be returned after verification. Certified true copies or photostat copies of the certificates will not be accepted in any case.