Combined Defence Services Examination I – UPSC CDS I Exam Centres 2017
The UPSC Combined Defence Services I Examination 2017 will be held at the following centres :
Applicants should note that there will be a ceilling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the centres except Chennai, Delhi, Dispur, Kolkatta and Nagpur. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
NB : “Notwithstanding the aforesaid provision, Commission reserve the right to change the Centres at their discretion if the situation demands.”
Candidates admitted to the examination will be informed of the time table and place or places of examination. Candidates should note that no request for change of centre will be granted.
|CDS I 2017 Online Practice Test Series
50+ Test, containing Mock, Previous year solved papers & Subject wise Test @ 451/-
Note : While filling in his/her online Application form, the candidates should carefully decide about his/her choice for the centre for the examination.
If any candidate appears at a Centre/Paper other than the one indicated by the Commission in his/her Admission Certificate, the papers of such a candidate will not be valued and his/her candidature will be liable to cancellation.
Important Note for UPSC CDS Exam I 2017 :
1. Candidates to ensure their eligibility for the UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination I 2017 :
The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified for interview/Personality Test.
2. How to Apply Online for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam I 2017 :
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
3. Last Date for Submission of Online Applications for UPSC CDS Exam I 2017 :
Combined Defence Services Examination I Online applications for UPSC Combined Defence Services Exam I 2017 can be filled upto 02nd December, 2016 till 6:00 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) for downloading by candidates. No eAdmit Card will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid & active e-mail i.d. while filling up online application form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. Penalty for Wrong Answers :
Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
6. For both writing and marking answers in the OMR sheet (Answer Sheet) candidates must use black ball pen only Pens with any other colour are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates should note that any omission/mistake/discrepancy in encoding/filling of details in the OMR answer sheet especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code will render the answer sheet liable for rejection. Candidates are further advised to read carefully the “Special Instructions” contained in Appendix-III of the Notice.
7. Facilitation Counter for Guidance of Candidates :
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their application, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 Hrs. to 17.00 Hrs.
8. Mobile Phones Banned :
- Mobiles phones, pagers/bluetooth or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned items including mobile phones/pagers/bluetooth or any valuable/costly items to the venue of the examination as arrangements for safe keeping cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.