1. Citizenship :
A Candidate must be either :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania ( formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar ), Zambia, Malavi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam. or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Note : The application of a candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be considered by the Commission and, if recommended for appointment, the candidate may also be provisionally appointed subject to the necessary certificate being issued in his favour by the Government of India.
2. Age Limits : The age limit for the post has been given in the advertisement. For certain age concessions admissible to various categories please go through instruction No. 5.
3. Minimum Educational Qualifications : All applicants must fulfil the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement.
They are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess at least the essential qualifications laid down for various posts. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained.
Note I : The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
Note II : Where the number of applications received in response to an advertisement is large and it will not be convenient or possible for the Commission to Interview all the Candidates, the Commission at their discretion may restrict the number of Candidates, to a reasonable limit by any or more of the following methods :
- On the basis of either qualifications and experience higher than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement; or
- On the basis of experience in the relevant field; or
- By counting experience before or after the acquisition of essential qualifications; or
- By holding a screening test.
The candidate should, therefore, mention all the qualifications and experience in the relevant field over and above the minimum qualifications and should attach attested / self certified copies of the Certificates including mark-sheets in support there of.
Note III : In regard to Educational Qualifications, only the mark-sheets in lieu of Educational Certificates will not be accepted by the Commission.
Note IV : The provisional claim what so ever in regard to eligibility to the post will not be accepted by the Commission.