UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
Indian Territorial Army as an Officer Recruitment Feb 2015
The Territorial Army ( TA ) Officer applications are invited from gainfully employed young men an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers, based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Eligibility Conditions 2015 : Only male citizens of India and Ex-Service Officers who are medically fit.
Age Limit for Indian Territorial Army Officer 2015 : 18 to 42 years as on 31 Dec 2014.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Qualification 2015 : Graduate from any recognized university.
Employment : Gainfully Employed in Central / State Govt. / Semi Govt. / Pvt Firm / Own business / Self Employed.
Note : Serving Employees of Armed Forces / Police / Para Military Forces are not eligible.
Embodiment for Indian Territorial Army Officer Training 2015 :
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months post commissioning training within first two years at IMA Dehradun.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Written Exam Date 2015 : 08 Feb 2015.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Exam 2015 Syllabus :
- Part I : Short Essay ( In English ).
- Part II : Objective type question on general awareness, issues related to political and economical affairs, international situation and sports.
Terms and Conditions of Service :
- Commission is granted in the rank of lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as regular Army Officers when embodied for Indian Army training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by Indian Army selection.
- Officers commissioned in infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on requirement.
- Indian Territorial Army Officer Pay Scales 2015 :
Rank Pay Bands / Scale Grade Pay Military Service Pay Lieutenant PB-3/15600 - 39100 5400 6000 Captain PB-3/15600 - 39100 6100 6000 Major PB-3/15600 - 39100 6600 6000 Lt Colonel PB-4/37400 - 67000 8000 6000 Colonel PB-4/37400 - 67000 8700 6000 Brigadier PB-4/37400 - 67000 8900 6000
Indian Territorial Army Officer Application Forms 2015 :
All desirous civil candidates can obtain application form, from Employment Newspaper or download from www.indianarmy.gov.in ( Free of Cost ) and send it along with self addressed stamped envelope of 28 x 12 cms size, two passport size photographs and postal stamps worth 27/- affixed on envelope ( No other cost for submission ) to the respective TA Group Headquarters as per the area given below :
|S.No.||Zone||State||Examination Centre||To be Fwd|
|1||Zone - I||Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Chandigarh.||Chandigarh.||Commander,
TA Group Headquarters,
Building No.750, Sector - 8B,
Chandigarh - 160 018.
Ph : 0172 - 2547864.
|2||Zone - II||Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh.||Lucknow and Patna.||Commander,
TA Group Headquarters,
Lucknow ( UP
) - 226 002.
Ph. No. : 0522 - 2482278.
|3||Zone - III||West Bengal, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.||Kolkata and Shillong.||Commander TA Group Headquarters,
Kolkata ( WB ) - 700 021.
Ph. No. : 033 - 2231227
|4||Zone - IV||Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Gujarat, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Pondicherry, Daman Diu, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar, Dadar and Nagar Haveli.||Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Jaipur.||Commander,
TA Group Headquarters,
Pune - 411 001.
Ph. No. : 7768003601, 7768003602.
|5||Zone - V||Jammu & Kashmir||Udhampur and Srinagar.||Commander,
TA Group Headquarters, Northern Command,
Udhampur ( J&K ), - 182 101
Ph. No. 01992 - 243592.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Selection Procedure 2015 :
For Civilian Candidates :
- Candidates whose application forms for Indian Territorial Army Officer 2015 are found correct will be called for screening ( written exam and interview ) by a Preliminary Interview Board ( PIB ), at their respective TA Group Headquarters.
- Successful candidates will further undergo a Service Selection Board ( SSB ) and Medical Board for Indian Army final selection.
For Ex Service Officers ( Commissioned Officers Only )
- Ex Service Officers of three services should send their applications alongwith release order and release medical board proceedings directly to Addl Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD ( Army ), ‘L’ Block, New Delhi – 01.
- The candidates will be screened by an Army HQ Selection Board ( ASB ) held at Addl Dte Gen TA, GS Branch, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi which is followed by a Medical Board at New Delhi ( Armed Forces Clinic ) and Police Verification for shortlisted candidates.
Note : Candidates who passed written test of PIB / ASB are required to bring the following attested documents at the time of interview :
- All educational qualification certificates alongwith originals ( Matric onwards ).
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof with photographs ( Voter ID / Pan Card / Passport / Driving license etc ).
- Domicile / Residential proof certificate.
- Certificate for proof of age.
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt / Union Territory / State Govt / Semi Govt / Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office.
- Self-employed candidates or having own Business are required to submit an affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of self-employment and income earned annually along with photocopy of Pan card.
- In case of variation in name in any document of the candidate an affidavit & newspaper cutting be enclosed.
Last Date for Indian Territorial Army Officer Application 2015 : Form completed in all respects will be accepted till 31 December 2014 at respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters. For more details about TA visit us as www.indianarmy.gov.in and download application form ( Free of Cost ). This is the only authentic website of TA.
Incomplete application form will be rejected without intimation.