Indian Territorial Army as an Officer Recruitment Feb 2014
The Territorial Army ( TA ) Officer applications are invited from gainfully employed young men an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers, based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Eligibility Conditions 2014 : Only male citizens of India and Ex-Service Officers who are medically fit.
Age Limit for Indian Territorial Army Officer 2014 : 18 to 42 years as on 31 Dec 2013.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Qualification 2014 : Graduate from any recognized university.
Employment : Gainfully Employed in Central Govt. / Semi Govt. / Pvt Firm / Own business / Self Employed.
Note : Serving Employees of Polices / Para Military Forces are not eligible.
Embodiment for Indian Territorial Army Officer Training 2014 :
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months post commissioning training within first two years at IMA Dehradun.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Written Exam Date 2014 : 09 Feb 2014.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Exam 2014 Syllabus :
- Part I : Short Essay.
- Part II : Objective type question on general awareness : Include issues related to political / economical affairs, international situation and sports.
Terms and Conditions of Service :
- Commission is granted in the rank of lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as regular Army Officers when embodied for Indian Army training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by Indian Army selection.
- Officers commissioned in TA infantry may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on requirement.
- Pay Scales :
Rank Pay Bands / Scale Grade Pay Military Service Pay Lieutenant PB-3/15600 - 39100 5400 6000 Captain PB-3/15600 - 39100 6100 6000 Major PB-3/15600 - 39100 6600 6000 Lt Colonel PB-4/37400 - 67000 8000 6000 Colonel PB-4/37400 - 67000 8700 6000 Brigadier PB-4/37400 - 67000 8900 6000
Indian Territorial Army Officer Application Forms 2014 :
All desirous civil candidates can obtain application form, from Employment Newspaper or download from www.indianarmy.gov.in and send it along with self addressed stamped envelope of 28 x 12 cms size, two passport size photographs and postal stamps worth 12/- ( 25/- for J&K ) affixed on envelope to their respective TA Group Headquarters as per the area given below :
|S.No.||Zone||State||Examination Centre||To be Fwd|
|1||Zone - I||Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi and Chandigarh.||Chandigarh.||Commander,
TA Group Headquarters,
Building No.750, Sector - 8B,
Chandigarh - 160 018.
Ph : 0172 - 2527864.
|2||Zone - II||Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh.||Lucknow and Patna.||Commander,
TA Group Headquarters,
Lucknow ( UP
0 - 226002.
Ph. No. : 0522 - 2292245, 2482278.
|3||Zone - III||West Bengal, Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh.||Kolkata and Shillong.||Commander TA Group Headquarters,
Kolkata ( WB ) - 700021.
Ph. No. : 033 - 2231227
|4||Zone - IV||Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Gujarat, Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Goa, Pondicherry, Daman Diu Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar, Dadar and Nagar Haveli.||Pune, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Jaipur.||Commander,
TA Group Headquarters,
Pune - 411001.
Ph. No. : 020 - 26102848
|5||Zone - V||Jammu & Kashmir||Udhampur and Srinagar.||Commander,
TA Group Headquarters, Northern Command ( J&K ), - 182101
Ph. No. 01992 - 243592
Indian Territorial Army Officer Selection Procedure 2014 :
Civilian Candidates :
- Candidates whose application forms for Indian Territorial Army Officer are found correct will be called for screening, by a Preliminary Interview Board ( PIB ), at their respective TA Group Headquarters.
- Candidates selected by PIB should provide brief bio-data to include details about their employment with monthly income from all sources at the time of documentation immediately after PIB.
- Successful candidates will further undergo a Service Selection Board ( SSB ) and Medical Board for Indian Army final selection.
Note : Candidates who passed written test of PIB are required to bring the following attested documents at the time of interview :
- Certified copy of educational qualification certificates, all certificates and mark sheets beyond matric.
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt / Union Territory / State Govt / Semi Govt / Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office.
- Self Employed candidates or having own Business are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper value of 10/- duly attested by the Deputy Commissioner of the District / Gazetted Officer / Commissioned Officer stating nature of self employment and income earned annually with the attested photocopy of the latest income Tax Return filed by the applicant along with photocopy of the Pan Card.
Incomplete application will be rejected without intimation.
For Ex-Service Officers Only
- Ex-Service Officers of three services as a candidate should send their Indian Army application along with enclosures as mentioned in application form to the following address.
Addl Directorate General TA,
Integrated HQ of MoD ( Army ), ‘L’ Block,
New Delhi – 01.
- The candidates are screened by an Army HQ Selection Board ( ASB ) held at the following address which is followed by a Medical Board at New Delhi for successful candidates.
Addl Dte Gen TA,
GS Branch, ‘L’ Block,
Last Date Form completed in all respects will be accepted till 31 December 2013 at respective locations as mentioned above. For more details about TA visit us as www.indianarmy.gov.in and download application form.