Indian Territorial Army as an Officer Recruitment Exam July 2017
Indian Army applications are invited from gainfully employed young men for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers (Non Departmental), based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions. You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
1. Eligibility Conditions for Indian Territorial Army Officer 2017 :
- Nationality : Only male citizens of India.
- Indian Territorial Army Officer Age Limit 2017 : 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
- Educational Qualification for Indian Territorial Army Officer 2017 : Graduate from any recognized university.
- Indian Territorial Army Officer Physical Standards : A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
- Employment : Gainfully Employed.
Important Note for Indian Army TA Officers 2017 : Serving member of the Regular Army / Navy / Air Force / Police / GREF / Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
2. Date of Indian Army TA Officers Written Examination 2017 : 30th July, 2017.
3. Last Date of Receipt of Indian Army TA Officers Application 2017 : The Online Registration and Applications can be filed from 01st June, 2017 to 30th June, 2017 till 11.59 PM after which the link will be disabled.
4. Standard and Syllabus of the Indian Army TA Officers Exam 2017 :
Indian Army TA Officer Exam Paper 1 :
Reasoning (Part-1) – 50 Questions and 50 Marks
Elementary Mathematics (Part-2) – 50 Questions and 50 Marks
Time Allotted : 2 Hours.
Indian Army TA Officer Exam Paper 2 :
General Knowledge (Part-1) – 50 Questions and 50 Marks
English (Part-2) – 50 Questions and 50 Marks
Time Allotted : 2 Hours.
Standard of the Indian Army TA Officer Exam Papers 2017 :
The standard of the papers in Elementary Mathematics will be a Matriculation level. The standard of papers in other subjects will approximately be such as maybe expected of a graduate of an Indian university.
Indian Territorial Army Exam Syllabus 2017 :
Paper – I : Reasoning and Elementary Mathematics
- Part – 1 : Reasoning The question paper will be designed to test the candidates ability to complete sequences making logical conclusion based on simple patter of numbers, statements, figures, letters etc as may be expected of a rational thinking person without any special study of the subject.
- Part – 2 : Elementary Mathematics
- Arithmetic : Number System – natural numbers, integers, rational and real numbers. Fundamental operations – addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, square roots, decimal fraction.
- Unitary Method : Time and distance, time and work, percentages, application to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory : Division algorithm, prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 & 11. Multiples and factors, factorization theorem, HCF and LCM. Euclidean algorithm, logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Algebra : Basic operations, simple factors, remainder theorem, HCF, LCM, theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients ( only real roots to be considered ). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous liner equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions. Set language and set notation, rational expressions and conditional identities, laws of indices.
- Trigonometry : Sine x, cosine x, tangent x when O° < x < 90°. Values of sine x, cos x and ten x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° & 90°. Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. Simple cases of heights and distances.
- Geometry : Lines and angles, plane and plane figures theorems on Properties of angles at a point, Parallel lines, Sides and angles of a triangle, Congruency of triangles, Similar triangles, Concurrence of medians and altitudes, Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, Circle and its properties, including tangents and normal, Loci.
- Menstruation : Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can bisect into the figures ( field book ). Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular area of cylinders. Surface area and volume of spheres.
- Statistics : Collection and tabulation of statistical data, graphical representation-frequency polygons, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
Paper – II : General Knowledge and English
- Part – 1 : General Knowledge : General knowledge including knowledge of current events and such matters of everyday observation and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on history of India and geography of nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.
- Part – 2 : English : The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workman – like use of words. Questions in English are from synonyms, antonyms, reading comprehension, Para jumbles, error spotting, jumbled sentences, sentence correction and fill in the blanks.
5. Candidates to ensure their Eligibility for the Examination : The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his candidature has been finally cleared by the competent authority.
6. Time : Maximum time for each paper is 02 hours and will be conducted in two sessions.
7. Type of Exam : Objective ( OMR Answer Sheet will be used ).
8. Qualifying Marks : Minimum 40% marks in each part of the paper separately and overall average of 50%.
9. Penalty for Wrong Answers : Candidates should note that there will be penalty ( Negative Marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Papers.
10. Indian Territorial Army How to Apply 2017 :
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form (IAF(TA)-9 (Revised) Part-1).
Indian Territorial Army Fee Details : Candidates’ are required to pay a fee of <img src=”/wp-content/uploads/rupee.gif” alt=”Rupee” width=”8″ height=”11″ /> 200/- (Rupees two hundred only). Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through the modes prescribed at website. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without the prescribed fee/mode shall be summarily rejected. Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Indian Territorial Army Admit Card for Written Exam : The admit card will be made available online for being downloaded after submission of application by the candidates. The instructions will be available on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
11. Centres of Indian Army Territorial Army Exam 2017 :
|S.No.||Written Examination Centre||Written Examination Centre|
|1.||Chandigarh||PIB Cell, TA Group Headquarters,
Building No.750, Sector - 8B,
Chandigarh - 160 009.
Phone No : 0172-2547864, 8953401641.
TA Group Headquarters Central,
Command, Lucknow (UP) - 226002,
Phone No : 0522-2482278.
TA Group Headquarters,
Eastern Command, Fort William,
Kolkata (WB) - 700021,
Phone No : 033-22313227.
TA Group Headquarters Southern Command,
Pune - 411001,
Phone No : 7768002503, 0202688123.
TA Group Headquarters Northern Command,
Udhampur (J&K) - 182101,
Phone No : 01992 243592.
12. Selection Procedure for Indian Army Territorial Army Civilian Candidates 2017
- Candidates whose application forms are found correct will be called for screening (written exam followed by interview only if passed in written exam) by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) by the respective Territorial Army Group Headquarters.
- Successful candidates will further undergo tests at a Service Selection Board (SSB) and Medical Board for final selection.
13. Embodiment for Indian Territorial Army Training 2017
- One month basic training in the first year of commission.
- Two months annual training camp every year including the first year.
- Three months Post Commissioning training within first two years at IMA, Dehradun.
Indian Army TA Officer Terms and Conditions of Service 2017
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
Indian Territorial Army Officer Pay Scale ( VIth CPC ) 2017
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||Military Service Pay|
|Lieutenant||PB-3/15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Captain||PB-3/15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Major||PB-3/15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Lt Colonel||PB-4/37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
|Colonel||PB-4/37400 - 67000||8700||6000|
|Brigadier||PB-4/37400 - 67000||8900||6000|
Note : Candidate who qualify in written test of PIB are required to bring the following documents in original alongwith attested copies at the time of Preliminary Interview Board :
- Application Form IAF (TA)-9 (Revised) Part-2 to be downloaded from www.indianarmy.nic.in and fill it up in their own hand writing.
- All educational qualification certificates (Matric onwards).
- Latest physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof with photographs (Voter ID / PAN Card / Passport / Driving license etc).
- Certificate for proof of age (Matric / Senior Secondary mark sheet and certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector Authenticated by Head Office alongwith No Objection Certificate by the department.
- Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income alongwith photocopy of PAN card and self certified character certificate.
- Candidates whose names vary in documents should submit copy of Gazette notification of India / State showing the correct name or an affidavit duly supported by newspaper cuttings.
- Latest income proof from the appropriate authority (i.e. Income Tax Revenue Department / Magistrate / Employer).
- Copy of PAN Card.
- Copy of Aadhar Card.
- Employees of Railways are required to submit No Objection Certificate authenticated by Railway Board.
Last Date for Indian Army TA Officer Recruitment 2017 :The Online application can be filled from 01st June, 2017 to 30th June, 2017 till 11.59 P.M., after which link will be disabled.