Indian Navy invites unmarried Men and Women to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commission Officer as Pilot / Observer / Air Traffic Controller for the course commencing July 2018.
Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried eligible male & female candidates for Short Service Commission (SSC) in Pilot / Observer / ATC entry of the Indian Navy for course commencing Jul 2018 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfil condition of Nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy Pilot / Observer / Air Traffic Controller Course 2018
Indian Navy Pilot / Observer / ATC Course Age Limit 2018 :
(a) Who can Apply. Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering Course in any discipline from a recognised university / educational institute with at least 60% marks till 5th / 7th semester, in regular / integrated course respectively. For ATC entry, additionally the candidate must have 60% aggregate marks in class X and XII and minimum 60% marks in English in class XII.
(b) Call up for SSB. Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their academic performance.
(c) Minimum %age on joining INA. The candidates will, however, be required to pass final examination (BE/B.Tech) / Integrated Course with minimum 60% marks. The candidates failing to meet minimum %age in BE/B.Tech Degree / Integrated Course will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
|(i)||ATC||Born between 02nd July, 1993 and 01st July, 1997; both dates|
|05||Male or Female|
|(ii)||Observer||Born between 02nd July, 1994|
and 01st July, 1999; both dates
|04||Male or Female|
|(iii)||Pilot||Born between 02nd July, 1994 and 01st July, 1999; both dates|
(of which maximum of 02
vacancies may be tenanted by female candidates)
|Male or Female
(Female candidates are
eligible to apply for Maritime
Reconnaissance (MR) stream only, hence a maximum of 02 female
candidates will only be inducted subject to they
being in SSB Merit)
Commercial Pilot License (CPL) Holders having valid and current CPL issued by DGCA (India) and born between 02nd July, 1993 and 01st July, 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Only one application is to be filled by a candidate.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch / cadre should mention their preference in the application.
- Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their first preference.
- However, if not shortlisted for the first preference you may be considered for alternate branch / cadre subject to availability of spare slots in SSB batches of that branch / cadre.
- Once shortlisted for a branch / cadre subsequent stage of selection process (SSB, Medical & Merit List) will be exclusively for the branch / cadre only.
Indian Navy Pilot / Observer / ATC Medical Standards 2017
Pilot & Observer
a. Height and Weight : 162.5 cms With correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
Eye Sight : Distant Vision 6/6, 6/9 Correctable to 6/6, 6/6 Should not be colour blind/night blind.
Air Traffic Controller
b. Height and Weight : Male – 157 cms Female – 152 cms With correlated weight, as per age and height.
Eye Sight : Distant Vision 6/9, 6/9 Correctable to 6/6, 6/6 Should not be colour blind / night blind.
Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals.
- There will be no relaxation in Medical Standards for Indian Navy SSC Officer 2017.
The Indian Navy Offers You :
Pay Scale & Promotions : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory courses, sea time & medical conditions.
The Pay Scale and promotion criteria as per 7th CPC is as follows :
|Rank||Pay as Per Defence Matrix||Level||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant (S Lt)||56100-110700||10||15500|
|Lieutenant CDR (Lt Cdr)||69400-136900||11||15500|
Privileges : Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & Dependents, Canteen Facilities, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of <img src=”/wp-content/uploads/rupee.gif” alt=”Rupee” width=”8″ height=”11″ /> 82 lakhs for pilot/ Observer and <img src=”/wp-content/uploads/rupee.gif” alt=”Rupee” width=”8″ height=”11″ /> 75 lakhs for ATC (on contribution) and gratuity will be granted to an officer as per the latest rules in force. (Being revised as per 7th CPC)
Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). Leave during training period will be as per the extant Training policy in force. They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel for self and dependents.
Sports & Adventure : The Navy provides facilities to play various sports. One can also learn and participate in adventure sports such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
Short Service Commission
- For Pilot & Observer entry. Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 14 years. No extension will be given beyond 14 years.
- For ATC. Short Service Commission is granted initially for 10 years extendable by maximum 04 years in 02 terms (02 years + 02 years) subject to service requirements, medical eligibility, performance and willingness of candidates. No extension will be given beyond 14 years.
- Officers inducted under these schemes will not be given extension beyond fourteen years and will not be eligible for Permanent Commission.
- Duties of Officer : Please visit website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for information on duties of officers for respective branches / cadre.