Indian Navy SSC Officer as Pilot / Observer Course Jun 2016 – Selection Procedure
|Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Application Issue Date : 12.09.2015|
|Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Online Application Last Date : 02.10.2015|
|Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Application Submission Date : 12.10.2015|
Indian Navy invites unmarried men and women to join the Indian Navy as Short Service Commission Officer as Pilot / Observer for the course commencing June 2016.
1. Applications for Indian Navy are invited from unmarried Indian citizens for Short Service Commission ( SSC ) as Pilot / Observer in the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy for Course commencing June 2016 at the Indian Naval Academy Ezhimala, Kerala.
Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer Eligibility Conditions 2015
2. Age Limit for Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer 2015 :
|SI.No||Branch / Cadre||Age||Born between ( both dates inclusive )|
|a.||General Candidates||19 - 24 years||02 Jul 1992 - 01 Jul 1997|
|b||CPL Holders||19 - 25 years||02 Jul 1991 - 01 Jul 1997|
Applicants who have failed in PABT ( Pilot Aptitude Battery Test ) earlier are not eligible for Pilot Entry, but can apply for the Observer Entry Scheme.
3. Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer Educational Qualifications 2015
B.E / B.Tech in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 12th standard. Minimum percentage in B.E / B.Tech for pilot entry is 60% and for Observer entry 55%.
CPL candidate must have valid and current CPL issued by DGCA ( India ).
4. The Gender requirement is as follows :
|02||Observer||Men & Women|
- Candidates who have not completed their Degree ( i.e. appearing candidates ) need not apply.
- Only one application is to be filled.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one branch / cadre should mention priority in their application form.
Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer Physical Standards 2015
- Height and Weight : Minimum height for men 162.5 cms and for women 152 cms with correlated weight, leg length, sitting height and thigh length.
- Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6. Should not be colour / night blind.
- Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos on any part of the body are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal communities / from tribal areas as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face or forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist end or on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
There will be no relaxation in Indian Navy Physical Standards.
Induction and Training in Indian Navy SSC Officers 2016
6. Candidates will be inducted as officers under Short Service Commission Scheme. Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 14 years. Officers inducted under these schemes will not be given extension beyond fourteen years and will not be eligible for Permanent Commission. The Officers will be on probation for a period of two years or till completion of their initial training ( whichever is later ), during which they are liable to be discharged if their performance is unsatisfactory.
7. Indian Navy SSC Officer Pilot Entry 2016
Pilot candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation Course ( NOC ) at INA, Ezhimala followed by Stage I and Stage II flying training at the Air Force Academy / Naval Establishment / Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udaan Academy ( IGRUA ). On successful completion of training, the candidates will be awarded wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of wings.
8. Indian Navy SSC Officer Observer Entry 2016
Observer candidates will undergo 22 weeks of Naval Orientation course at the INA, Ezhimala followed by training at Observer School. On successful completion of training at Observer School, the candidates will be awarded Observer wings. The candidates will be entitled for flying pay and allowances only after award of the Observer Wings.
9. Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officers Training 2016
The training in Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer is tentatively scheduled to commence in the month of June 2016 at Indian Naval Academy ( INA ), Ezhimala. Full pay and allowances are admissible to the officers whilst under training. Only unmarried candidates are eligible to undergo Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer training 2016. Any candidate who is found to be married or marries while under training in Indian Navy will be discharged and shall be liable to refund full pay & allowances drawn by him / her and expenditure incurred on him / her by the Government.
Important - Officers inducted under these schemes will not be given extension beyond fourteen years and will not be eligible for permanent commission.
Application for Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer Entry 2016
10. Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ ( Online ) for Indian Navy SSC Officer entry 2016. The candidates are to apply online ( e-application ) for Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer 2015 from 12.09.2015. The Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer Online application registration will cease on 02.10.2015. The procedure for applying online is explained in paras 21 & 22 below.
Important : Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘Indian Navy SSC Officer e-application form 2015′.
11. Indian Navy Pilot / Observer Officer Entry Online ( e-application ) 2015 : Whilst filling up the Indian Navy SSC Officer e-application 2015, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
12. Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer Filling up of e-Application 2015 :
For filling up application Online visit Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows :
- Click in the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home Page.
- Fill the Indian Navy SSC Pilot / Observer Officer online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instructions for SSB button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the application form by entering the details from the downloading sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the Indian Navy SSC Officer Online Application form 2015 having the system generated application number.
- Paste recent passport size colour photograph at the space provided and self attest the same.
- One copy of this application form is to be duly signed and mailed ( posted ) to Post box no. 02, Sarojini Nagar, New Delhi – 110 023 along with the following documents : Self attested photograph, Self attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with mark sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semesters / years. In case CGPA, candidate is required to attach certificate issued by the university for conversion of CGPA in to percentage. Application to be sent by ordinary post only. Speed post / courier and registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : Online Application Number ___ Application for SSC Pilot / Observer – Jun 2016 course qualification ___ Percentage ___%. NCC ‘C’ Yes / No. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled, IHQ MoD ( Navy ) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
1. Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub para(e) above if received by 12 October 2015 will be the final confirmation of receipt of your application at IHQ MoD ( Navy ). Hence, only filling the application Online / generation of Application No. does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement.
2. Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found ineligible / invalid at any point of time.
3. The applicants are advised to regularly check naval website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and their mail box for SSB call ups.
4. Disclaimer – Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. Incase of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of Indian Navy / Govt of India will be final.