Indian Navy Sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits ( SSR ) Aug 2/2016 – Indian Navy SSR Application Form
UPSC Exam Question Bank CDs More Details…
Indian Navy invites applications from Unmarried Male candidates for enrolment as sailors for Senior Secondary Recruits ( SSR ) – 02/2016 batch course commencing August 2016.
1. Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy Sailors SSR 2016
Online applications are invited from Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan.
2. Indian Navy Sailors SSR Educational Qualifications 2016 :
Qualified in 10+2 / equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science.
3. Age Limit for Indian Navy Sailors SSR Course 2016 : Candidates should have been born between 01 Aug 1995 to 31 Jul 1999 ( Both dates inclusive ).
4. Indian Navy Pay and Perquisites
Pay & Allowances in Indian Navy Sailors SSR 2016 :
- During the initial Indian Navy training period, stipend of 5700/- pm will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training for Indian Navy Sailors an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible from the date of commencement of service.
- On completion of initial training for Indian Navy Sailors, they will be placed in the Pay Band 5200 – 20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @ 2000/- plus MSP @ 2000/- plus DA.
5. Indian Navy Sailors Promotion :
Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer – I ( equivalent to Subedar Major ) with pay scale of 9300 – 34800 plus Grade Pay @ 4800/- Plus MSP @ 2000/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
6. Perquisites :
- During the entire period of Indian Navy Sailors training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility / admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
7. Selection Criteria in Indian Navy Sailors SSR 2016
Indian Navy Sailors Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
8. Indian Navy Sailors SSR Written Test 2016 :
- The question paper will be bilingual ( Hindi & English ) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The question paper will be that of 10 +2 standard and the syllabus for the Indian Navy Sailors SSR examination 2016 is available on Indian Navy website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of Indian Navy Sailors SSR examination 2016 will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
9. Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) for Indian Navy Sailors SSR 2016 :
Indian Navy Sailors SSR PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups ( Uthak Baithak ) and 10 Push – ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Advisory : Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
10. Indian Navy Sailors SSR Medical Standards 2016 :
- Indian Navy Sailors SSR Medical examination 2016 will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and medical health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order ( Special ) 01/2008.
- Initial Medical Examination for Indian Navy Sailors recruitment 2016 will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Indian Navy Sailors SSR Final medical examination 2016 of all selected candidate will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Note : Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
11. Indian Navy Sailors SSR Visual Standards 2016 :
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous Indian Navy recruitment for the same entry in Navy are advised not to apply.
12. Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Indian Navy Training and Initial Engagement
13. Training in Indian Navy Sailors SSR 2016 :
The Indian Navy training for the Sailors SSR course will commence in August 2016, with 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
14. Discharge as Unsuitable :
Sailors are liable to be discharged as unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the Indian Navy training.
15. Initial Engagement :
The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training for Indian Navy and is for a period of 15 years.
Indian Navy Sailors SSR Selection Procedure 2016
16. The applications for Indian Navy Sailors SSR are to be filled online on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The Indian Navy selection procedure is as follows :
- Print out of online application will be received only through ordinary post. Application received through speed post / registered post or couriers will be rejected.
- The ‘Online’ applications alongwith the required certificates will be sorted out statewise. The qualifying cut off percentage of a particular state may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage are received. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2.
- Indian Navy Sailors SSR Call up letters cum admit cards 2015 for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during March / April 2016 are required to be downloaded from interest site www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The Indian Navy Sailors SSR call up letters cum admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by End Feb 2016. No separate call up letter cum admit card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any centre view administrative reasons.
- All original certificates and mark sheets and NCC certificate ( if held ) are to be produced at the time of Indian Navy written examination. If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, your candidature will be cancelled.
- Results of the Indian Navy Sailor SSR Written Test 2016 will be announced on the same day and those who qualify Written test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination ( Preliminary ), which may take 1 – 2 days.
- Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medicals could avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review / appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
- Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of 40/- by Military Receivable Order ( MRO ) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review / appeal is permissible.
- The candidates who qualify in all respects will be short listed depending upon the Indian Navy Sailor SSR vacancies 2016. The Indian Navy select list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 25 June 2016. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared provisionally medically fit in the Preliminary Recruitment Medical would be required to report to INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
- The candidate’s Indian Navy selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure for Indian Navy Sailor SSR 2016 afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Indian Navy Sailor SSR 2016 Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police verification form alongwith the Call letter for Indian Navy Sailor SSR final medical examination 2016. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on Indian Navy 2016 form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports / reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in immediately after the declaration of Indian Navy select list, to ensure timely verification.
- No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment / enrolment after a period of six months.
|01||Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid|
Body / Gravitation
|Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry||Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive / passive to active voice||Culture and Religion, Geography : Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement.|
|02||Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity||Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines, Circles||Change direct to indirect / indirect to direct, Verbs / Tense / Non Finites, Punctuation||Sports : Championships / Winners / Terms / No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affairs|
|03||Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves||Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics||Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult words||Important National Facts about India, Heritage and Arts, Dance, History, Languages, Capitals and Currencies|
|04||Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus / Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication||Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives||Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners ( use of a, the, any etc ), Use of pronouns||National : Bird / Animal / Sport / Flower / Anthem / Song / Flag / Monuments, Eminent Personalities|
|05||Metals and Non Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science||Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integrals||Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors|