Indian Navy Sailors for Artificer Apprentice 140 Batch Course Aug 2016 – Artificer Apprentice Selection Procedure
Indian Navy invites Online applications from unmarried Male candidates for enrollment as Sailors for Artificer Apprentice ( AA ) – 140 batch course commencing August 2016.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice 2016 :
1. Online application are invited from unmarried male Indian citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan.
2. Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice 2016 Educational Qualifications :
Qualified in 10 +2 / equivalent examination with 60% or more marks in aggregate with Maths & Physics and at least one of these subjects; Chemistry / Biology / Computer Science.
3. Age Limit for Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice 2016 : Candidates should have been born between : 01 Aug 1996 to 31 Jul 1999 ( Both dates inclusive ).
Pay and Perquisites for Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice 2016 :
4. Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice Pay and Allowances 2016 : Indian Navy AA basic pay band is 5200 – 20200. In addition they will be paid grade pay @2000/- plus MSP @ 2000/- plus ‘X’ group pay @1400/- plus DA.
5. Promotion in Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentices 2016 :
Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer – I ( equivalent to Subedar Major ) with Indian Navy pay scale of 9300 – 34800 plus grade pay @ 4800/- Plus MSP @2000/- plus ‘X’ Group Pay @1400/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
6. Indian Navy Perquisite
- During the entire period of Indian Navy AA training 2016 and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniform, food and accommodation etc. free of cost.
- Indian Navy Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children education and house rent allowances. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment. All perquisites are extended as per service conditions and their eligibility / admissibility is regulated as per government orders in force and amended from time to time.
Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentices 2016 Selection Criteria
7. Selection of Indian Navy AA recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in written test, qualifying Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) and fitness in the Indian Navy Medical Examinations.
8. Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentices Written Test 2016 :
- The Indian Navy AA question paper will be bilingual ( Hindi & English ) and of objective type.
- The Indian Navy AA question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10 +2 and the syllabus for the Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice Examination 2016 will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
9. Physical Fitness Test ( PFT ) in Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentices 2016
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory for Indian Navy AA selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups ( Uthak Baithak ) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Advisory : Proficiency in sports, swimming and extra-curricular activities is desirable.
10. Medical Standards in Indian Navy Sailor AA 2016 :
- Indian Navy AA Medical examination 2016 will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Indian Navy sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order ( Special ) 01/2008.
- Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination”. Final medical examination of all selected candidate will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates who are found medically fit at final medical examination will be enrolled for training. No “Appeal” is permitted for review after the final enrollment medical examination at INS Chilka.
Note : Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
11. Visual Standards :
|Without Glasses||With Glasses|
|Better Eye||Worse Eye||Better Eye||Worse Eye|
Note : Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Indian Navy are advised not to apply.
12. Tattoos : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
Indian Navy Artificer Apprentices Training and Initial Engagement :
13. Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentices Training 2016 : The Indian Navy artificer apprentice training 2016 for the course will commence in August 2016, with 09 weeks basic training at INS Chilka followed by Professional Indian Navy training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
14. Discharge as Unsuitable : Indian Navy Sailors are liable to be discharged as unsuitable due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the Indian Navy training.
15. Initial Engagement : The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of artificer apprentice training. The initial engagement is for a period of 20 years.
Indian Navy Sailors Artificer Apprentice Exam Syllabus 2016
|01||Physical World and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid|
Body / Gravitation
|Relations and Functions, Logarithms, Complex Numbers, Quadratic Equations, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry||Passage, Preposition, Correction of sentences, Change active to passive / passive to active voice||Culture and Religion, Geography : Soil, Rivers, Mountains, Ports, Inland Harbours, Freedom Movement.|
|02||Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Heat Thermodynamics, Oscillations, Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity||Cartesian System of Rectangular Coordinates, Straight Lines Family of Straight Lines, Circles||Change direct to indirect / indirect to direct, Verbs / Tense / Non Finites, Punctuation||Sports : Championships / Winners / Terms / No of Players, Defence, Wars and Neighbours, Current Affairs|
|03||Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current, Electromagnetic Waves||Conic Sections, Permutations and Combinations, Vectors, Exponential and Logarithmic Series, Sets and Set Theory, Statistics||Substituting phrasal verbs for expression, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of difficult words||Important National Facts about India, Heritage and Arts, Dance, History, Languages, Capitals and Currencies|
|04||Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiations, Atomic Nucleus / Solid and Semi-Conductor Devices, Principles of Communication||Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry, Probability Function, Limits and Continuity, Differentiation, Applications of Derivatives||Use of adjective, Compound preposition, Determiners ( use of a, the, any etc ), Use of pronouns||National : Bird / Animal / Sport / Flower / Anthem / Song / Flag / Monuments, Eminent Personalities|
|05||Metals and Non Metals, Organic Chemistry, Food, Nutrition and Health, Physiology and Human Diseases, Computer Science||Indefinite Integrals Binomial Theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite Integrals||Common Names, Full forms and Abbreviations, Discoveries, Diseases and Nutrition, Award and Authors|