Indian Navy Recruitment for PCO Logistics Cadre / SSC Officer in Education Branch & Air Traffic Control Course 2014
Indian Navy PC Officer Logistics Cadre Application Issue Date : 14 April 2014
Indian Navy PC Officer Logistics Cadre Application Last Date : 04 May 2014
Join as Permanent Commissioned Officer in Logistics Cadre Or Short Service Commissioned Officer in Education Branch and Air Traffic Control course commencing – Dec 2014.
A Glorious Life – A Global Experience
1. Indian Navy applications are invited from unmarried Male candidates for Permanent Commission in Logistics Cadre and unmarried Male and Female candidates for Short Service Commission in Education Branch and ATC of the Indian Navy, who fulfill the condition of nationality as laid down by the Government of India for Course commencing Dec 2014 at the Indian Naval Academy ( INA ), Ezhimala, Kerala.
Eligibility Conditions for Indian Navy Recruitment for Permanent Commissioned Officer 2014
2. Indian Navy Commissioned Officer Age Limit 2014
|Sl. No.||Branch / Cadre||Age||Born between ( both dates inclusive )|
|(a)||Logistics / Works||19 1/2 - 25 Yrs||02 Jan 1990 - 01 Jul 1995|
|(b)||Education||21 - 25 Yrs||02 Jan 1990 - 01 Jan 1994|
|(c)||ATC||19 1/2 - 25 Yrs||02 Jan 1990 - 01 Jul 1995|
3. Educational Qualifications for Indian Navy SSC Course 2013 : Candidates with following educational qualification for Indian Navy may apply :
|Sl. No.||Branch / Cadre||Education Qualification||Minimum (%)|
|(a)||Logistics / Works ( only for male candidates )||(a) For PC ( Logistics Cadre ) :|
(i) B.Com / M.Com
(ii) BA / MA ( Economics )
(iii) BBA / MBA
(iv) BBM / BMS
(v) BCA / MCA
(vi) B.Sc ( IT ) / M.Sc ( IT )
(vii) B.Tech / B.E ( any discipline )
(viii) Graduate Degree with Post Graduate Diploma / Degree in Materials Management
(x) Chartered Accountancy.
(b) For Works :
(i) B.E / B.Tech Civil Engineering
|(b)||Education ( for male & female candidates )||(i) M.Sc Physics ( with Maths in B.Sc )|
(ii) M.Sc Maths ( with Physics in B.Sc )
(iv) M.Sc ( Operational Research / Analysis )
(v) M.Sc ( Meteorology / Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences )
(vi) MA ( English or History ) Or
|(i) B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech ( Mechanical )|
(ii) B.E / B.Tech / M.Tech ( Computer Science Engg. / IT )
(iii) M.Tech ( Meteorology / Oceanography, Atmospheric Sciences )
|(c)||ATC ( for male & female candidates )||(i) B.Sc in Physics / Maths or Electronics.|
(ii) M.Sc in Physics / Maths or Electronics.
Important Note for Indian Navy Courses 2014 : Candidates who have not completed their Degree on the date of filling the application ( i.e. appearing candidates ) need not apply.
4. Indian Navy Physical Standards for Permanent Commissioned Officers 2014 :
|Sl. No.||Branch / Cadre||Vision Standards||Height in Cms|
|(a)||Logistics||6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6|
6/12 with glass ( should not be colour / night blind )
|Male - 157 Cms with correlated weight.|
|(b)||Education||6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glass ( should not be colour / night blind )||Male - 157 Cms, Female - 152 cms with correlated weight.|
|(c)||ATC||6/9, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glass ( should not be colour / night blind )||Male - 157 Cms, Female - 152 cms with correlated weight.|
Tattoo : Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist end on the reverse side of palm / back ( dorsal ) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on case to case basis.
5. Online Application Forms for Indian Navy PCO Recruitment in Logistics Cadre 2014
Candidate can submit only Online ( e-application ) for this entry from 14 Apr 2014 to 04 May 2014.
6. Online ( e-application ) for Indian Navy Courses 2014 :
Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following :
- Correct filling up to personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- Candidates are required to upload recent passport size digital photograph of size less than 25 kb ( .jpe or .jpg format )
7. Procedure for Submitting Indian Navy 2014 e-application :
Candidate can submit e-application for Indian Navy 2014 by visiting Indian Navy website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in and proceed as follows :
- Click in the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online‘ on the Home Page.
- Fill the Indian Navy SSC Officer Course online registration form 2014. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instruction for SSB button, it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and take the print of the application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer entry.
- Print two copies of the Indian Navy 2014 online Application Form having the system generated Application Number. One copy of Indian Navy Recruitment 2014 Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed ( posted ) to Post Box No. 04, Nirman Bhawan PO, New Delhi – 110 011 along with the following documents : Self attested photograph, photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester / years attested by gazetted officer.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope :
Online Application No. ____ Application for PC ( LOG / SSC ( EDUCATION ) / SSC ( ATC ) – Jan 2015 Course Qualification ___ percentage ___%. Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stapled, IHQ MoD ( Navy ) will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Final receipt of the printout of the Indian Navy Online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub para (e) above ( if received by 14 May 2014 ) will be the final confirmation of receipt of your Application at IHQ MoD ( Navy ). Hence, only filling the Indian Navy application Online / generation of Application Number does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the Indian Navy 2014 advertisement.
- Your application for Indian Navy Recruitment 2014 is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found Ineligible at any point of time.
Note : Indian Navy 2014 Application is to be posted through normal post. Application sent by Speed Post / Registered Post / Courier / e-mail will not be accepted.
8. Selection Procedure for Indian Navy Recruitment 2014
- The candidates will be issued call up for Indian Navy Service Selection Board ( SSB ) based on their performance in Degree Course. If a candidate possesses higher qualification with better percentage, his higher qualification will be considered for cut off. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence ( Navy ) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. Indian Navy 2014 SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore / Bhopal / Coimbatore during June – Oct 2014.
- SSB interview will be conducted in two stages. Stage I test, consisting of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidate who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II Tests comprising of Psychological Testing, Group Testing and Interview for Indian Navy Recruitment will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical examination ( approx duration 03 – 05 days ).
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for Indian Navy 2014 training in order of All India Merit depending on the number of Indian Navy 2014 vacancies.
- Change of SSB venue for Indian Navy interview 2014 is not permissible.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the President of the concerned SSB on receipt of Indian Navy 2014 call up letter. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 3rd AC rail fare is admissible for the Indian Navy SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for Indian Navy commission.
Training in Indian Navy PC Officer Course 2014
9. Candidate will be inducted as officers in the rank of Sub Lieutenant in Dec 2014 and undergo Naval Orientation Course at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala followed by professional training at various Naval Training Establishments / Units / Ships. Full Pay and allowances are admissible to the Officers whilst undergoing training.
Short Service Commission in Indian Navy 2014
10. Short Service Commission is granted for a term of 10 years, extendable to 14 years, subject to service requirement and performance / willingness of the candidate. On completion of these tenures, officers are entitled for gratuity under the extant rules.
Important : Officer inducted under SSC scheme will not be given extension beyond fourteen years & will not be eligible for Permanent Commission.
Terms and Conditions of Indian Navy Recruitment 2014
11. Selected candidates will be on a probation till two years from the date of reporting to the Indian Naval Academy / the date of commencement of Indian Navy training / completion of the initial training whichever is later. Any candidate found married or who marries while undergoing training will be discharged. He shall be liable to refund full pay and allowances drawn by him and any other expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
- Duties of Logistics Officer in Indian Navy 2014 : Indian Navy Logistics Officer deals with the Logistics aspects of Men and Material. He plays a vital role in the human aspect of the ship / establishment’s organisation. A modern warship irrespective of its role needs a continuous supply of fresh provisions, fuel and spares. You as a Logistics Officer will be responsible for smooth supply of stores to all naval units. In no other career does an officer get such a vast exposure to keep abreast of modern and latest development in the field of management and finance. Officers with Works Specialisation would get a wide exposure in Civil Works and Infrastructure related appointments during the span of their career.
- Duties of Air Traffic Control Officer in Indian Navy 2014 : The Indian Navy operates various types of modern aircraft from shore based airfields as well as from ships. Air Traffic Control Officers in the Indian Navy control naval fighter aircraft, maritime reconnaissance aircraft and multi role helicopters both ashore and afloat. In no other career, an officer gets exposed to such a wide spectrum of opportunities to keep abreast of modern and latest developments in the field of Air Traffic Control. Life in the Indian Navy is full of challenges and adventures. The Indian Navy provides some of the finest training facilities, which will turn you into a skilled professional, mentally agile and physically fit officer.
- Duties of Education Officer in Indian Navy 2014 : Education officers are responsible for imparting instructions onboard Training Ships & Establishments. Avenues to specialise in Meteorology & Oceanography / Naval Communications / Anti Submarine Warfare / Gunnery / Navigation & Direction / Hydrography / IT and M.Tech Courses are also available. Education officers will also be responsible for control and co-ordination of Schooling / Libraries / Academic facilities, Distance Education, Indian Naval examinations for control and co-ordination of Schooling / Libraries / Academic facilities, Distance Education, Naval examinations ( On / Off line ), development of Training Design and Evaluation and Human Resources.
The Indian Navy Offers You
13. Pay Scale & Promotions in Indian Navy 2014 : The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria for Indian Navy is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Vice Admiral||HAG Scale / 67000-79000||Nil||Nil|
Note : The Indian Pay scale and promotion criteria for SSC officers will be applicable upto Commander only.
14. Indian Navy Allowances ( as applicable ) : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowance||To whom granted||Rate Per Month ( in )|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||2250 / pm|
|Marcos||Qualified as Marcos||11250-17500 / pm|
|Diving||Clearance / Ships Diver||1000 / 500 / pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officers Serving |
on Onboard Ships
|5250-6500 / pm on basis of Rank ( Sailing Only )|
|Uniform||All Officers||20000 ( Initial grant ) & 6250 ( Every 3 Yrs )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt||25% of basic Pay|
|House Rent||To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30 % of ( Pay Band + Grade Pay +MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600-3200 ( +DA thereon )|
15. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately 66,000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport allowance. These rates are subject to change.
16. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
17. Group Insurance & Gratuity : Insurance cover of 40 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in force.
18. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Indian Navy Training Policy in force.
19. Sports & Adventure : The Indian Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
20. Physical Fitness : In Indian Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to remain fit by undertaking regular physical exercises, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the Indian training goals successfully.