Indian Army Recruitment for 124th Technical Graduate Course ( TGC ) January 2017 – Indian Army 124th TGC Application
Last Date for Filling the TGC 124 Online Application extended from 24th June 2016 to 27th June 2016.
Applications are invited from married/unmarried Male Engineering Graduates for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army. Course commencing in January 2017 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
Indian Army 124th Technical Graduate Course Eligibility 2016 :
- Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
- Age Limit for Indian Army 124th Technical Graduate Course 2016 : 20 to 27 years as on 01 January 2017 ( candidates born between 02 January 1990 and 01 January 1997, both dates inclusive )
- Indian Army 124th TGC Educational Qualification 2016 : Candidates should have passed Engineering Degree or be in the final year of Engineering Degree course. The candidates in the final year of Degree Course should complete all their examinations related to the degree, prior to 01 January 2017. They should be able to produce the Engineering Degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA. Such candidates will be inducted on Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at IMA as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite Degree Certificate within the specified time.
Note : The date of birth entered in the Matriculation or an equivalent examination certificate only is accepted by this office. No other document relating to age will be accepted and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
Important Note : Candidates must note that the minimum educational qualification for induction into TGC – 124 is BE / B.Tech degree in the Engineering stream notified below. Therefore, to become eligible for induction into TGC – 124 course, candidates studying in final year of engineering must complete all the formalities including written, practicals, projects, backlogs, viva voce etc for award of qualifying BE / B.Tech degree before 01 January 2017 failing which their candidature is liable to be cancelled.
Discipline wise Indian Army TGC 124th Vacancies 2016 are as given below :
|Engineering Streams||Equivalent Stream ( AICTE Appd )||Vacancies|
Civil Engineering (Structural Engineering),
|Mechanical||Mechanical Engineering , Mechanical (Mechatronics)|
Engineering, Mechanical & Automation Engineering
|Electrical / Electrical & Electronics||Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Electronics &|
Power), Power System Engineering, Electrical &
|Computer Sc &|
Technology/Info Tech/M .Sc
|Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Computer|
Science Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering,
Information Science & Engineering
& Communication/ Satellite
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering,|
Telecommunication Engineering , Electronics &
Communication Engineering, Electronics & Electrical
|Electronics||Power Electronics & Drives||02|
|Metallurgical||Metallurgical Engineering, Metallurgy & Material|
Technology, Metallurgy & Material Engineering,
Metallurgy & Engineering & Material Science,
Metallurgy and Explosives
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering,|
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering,
Electronics & Instrumentation & Control Engineering,,
Instrumentation & Control Engineering,
|Micro Electronics &|
|Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering, |
Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering,
Electronics & Instrumentation Control Engineering,
Instrumentation, Instrumentation &
Control Engineering, Instrumentation Technology
Note 1 : Indian Army TGC 124th vacancies 2016 are tentative and may be changed depending on availability of training slots.
Note 2 : In case the engineering stream of the candidate is not listed above and candidates desire to claim equivalence, they may produce equivalence certificate of the concerned universities for the purpose
Type of Commission :
- Grant of Commission : Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
- Permanent Commission : On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority : One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry.
Indian Army 124th TGC Course Training 2016 : Duration of training is one year :
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each subject at the time of commencement of each course.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he be allowed to live with parents / Guardians. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will also not be selected for training.
- Cost of Training : The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ 8785/- per week for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy.
- Army Group Insurance Fund : The Gentlemen Cadets of IMA in receipt of stipend are insured for60 lac.
The Final allocation of Arms/Services will be made prior to passing out of gentleman cadets from IMA.
Indian Army 124th TGC Pay and Allowances 2016 : The candidates will be given a stipend of 21,000/- p.m. ( 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of 5,400/- ). On completion of training they will be commissioned in the rank of Lt and entitled to pay as admissible to the rank.
a. The Pay Scale and Promotion Criteria is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP||Remarks|
|Lieutenant||PB - 3 / 15,600 - 39,100||5,400||6,000||On Commission
|Captain||PB - 3 / 15,600 - 39,100||6,100||6,000||On completion of 2 Yrs|
|Major||PB - 3 / 15,600 - 39,100||6,600||6,000||On completion of 6 Yrs|
|Lt Colonel||PB - 4 / 37,400 - 67,000||8,000||6,000||On completion of 13 Yrs
|Colonel||PB - 4 / 37,400 - 67,000||8,700||6,000||On selection basis subject to fulfillment requisite service conditions|
|Brigadier||PB - 4 / 37,400 - 67,000||8,900||6,000|
|Major General||PB - 4 / 37,400 - 67,000||10,000||Nil|
|Lt General / Hag Scale||67,000 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 79,000||Nil||Nil|
|HAG + Scale*|
*Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt Gens
|75,500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 80,000||Nil||Nil|
|VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG )||80,000 ( fixed )||Nil||Nil|
|COAS||90,000 ( fixed )||Nil||Nil|
b. Allowances as Applicable : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as under :
|Allowances||To whom applicable||Rates ( Rs )|
|Hard Area Allowance||Officers Posted in Hard Area||6750/- PM ( 25% of Basic Pay )|
|High Altitude / Uncongenial Climate Siachen||Officers Posted in High Altitude / Uncongenial Climate Officers Posted in Siachen||11200/- - 14000/- PM|
|Highly active Field Area Allowance||Officer Posted at Highly Active Field Area||6780/- PM|
|Field Area Allowance||Officer Posted at Field Area||4200/- PM|
|Modified Field Area Allowance||Officer Posted at Modified Field Area||1600/- PM|
|Flying Pay||Officers Posted as Army Aviators||9000/- PM|
|Parachute Pay||Officers Posted in Active Parachute BNs / Regt||1200/- PM|
|Special Forces Allowance||Officers posted in Special Forces||9000/- PM|
|Transport Allowance||All Officers||3200/- + DA PM in A1/A cities and 1600/- + DA PM at other places.|
|House Rent Allowance||To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10 - 30% of Basic Pay ( Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP )|
|Kit Maint Allowance||All Officers||400/- PM|
|Uniform Allowance ( Outfit Allowance )||All Officers||Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every three years|
|Qualification Pay / Grant for Service Courses||All Officers undergoing specified courses||6000/- to 20000/-|
|Instructional Allowance||All Officers Posted as Instructors||1800/-|
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness Allowances has gone up by 100%.
c. Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 80,000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, Tech Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
d. Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provides free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Govt. Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
e. Leave Entitlements : On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ). They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel as per extant rules ) for self and family. Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
f. Sports & Adventure : The Army provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, Horse Riding etc.