Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 41st Course April 2017 – Indian Army NCC Entry Application Form
The Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme 41st course – April 2017 Short Service Commission ( NT ) for Men & Women ( Including Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel ).
1. Indian Army applications are invited from Unmarried / Married Male and Unmarried Female candidates and also from the wards of battle casualties of army personnel, for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army under NCC Special Entry Scheme 41st Course April 2017.
2. Vacancies in Indian Army NCC Entry April 2017 :
- NCC Men 50 ( 45 for General Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only ).
- NCC Women 05 ( 04 vacancies for Women General Category and 01 for wards of Battle Casualty of Army Personnel only ).
3. Eligibility in Indian Army NCC Entry Course 2017 :
A. Nationality : A candidate must either be :
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the united Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
B. Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary ground from NDA, IMA, OTA or any other Service Training Academy are not eligible to apply.
C. Indian Army NCC Special Entry Age Limit 2016 : For NCC candidates ( including wards of Battle Casualties ) 19 to 25 years as on 01 January 2017 ( born not earlier than 02 January 1992 and not later than 01 January 1998, both dates inclusive ).
4. Indian Army Educational Qualification and Other Criteria
a. For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders
- Educational Qualification for Indian Army :
- Degree of a recognized university or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years / semesters.
- Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two / three years. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks if selected in interview failing which their candidature will be cancelled. The candidates studying in the final year of graduation should complete their examinations related to the degree, like, written, practicals, viva-voce, projects backlogs etc prior to 01 Apr 2017. They should be able to produce the degree within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at OTA, Chennai. Such candidates will be inducted for training at OTA, Chennai on additional bond basis for recovery of the cost of training as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay and allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
- Candidate should attach self attested photocopies of the certificate of 10th class for proof of age, Degree with all years / semesters marks sheets and NCC ‘C’ Certificate. Candidate should also attach certificate with their applications regarding CGPA converted to aggregate percentage of marks as per university rules from their institutes.
- Service in NCC : Should have served for minimum two academic years in the Senior Division / Wing of N.C.C.
- Grading : Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
b. For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel Only
- Educational Qualification for Indian Army : Degree of a recognized university or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years / semesters.
- NCC ‘C’ certificate not required.
- Apply manually as per format of application form available on Official Website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in (Downloads). Applicants under category of wards of Battle Casualties to send their completed applications direct to Directorate General of Recruiting / Rtg-A, NCC Entry, AG’s Branch, IHQ of MoD ( Army ) West Block – III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi – 110 066.
- Eligibility for wards of battle casualties and also document to be attached alongwith the application form are as under.
- A letter to the effect that the parent has been killed / wounded / reported missing in action issued by MP / Dte / Respective Regimental Records and a copy of Part II order notifying injuries and being classified as battle casualties in case of serving / medically boarded out pers.
- Relationship Certificate issued by Records / MP Dte.
- The vacancies in Indian Army 2016 under wards of battle casualties are available to wards ( sons and daughters including legally adopted ) of battle casualties specified as :
i. Killed in action.
ii. Died of wound or injuries ( Other than self-inflicted ).
iii. Wounded or injured ( Other than self-inflicted ).
- Last date of receipt of application in recruiting directorate for wards of battle casualties is 22nd August 2016.
5. Indian Army NCC Entry Physical Standard 2016 :
- Height and Weight : The minimum acceptable height is 157.5 cms with co-related weight and for women candidate is 152 cms and 42 Kg. In case of candidates belonging to the North East and Hilly Areas like Gorkhas, Nepalese, Assamese and Garhwalis, the height is relaxed by 5 cms and weight commensurate with reduced height. In case of candidates from Lakshadweep the minimum acceptable height is reduced by 2 cms.
- Visual Standards : For male candidate distance Vision ( Corrected ) better eye 6/6 and worse eye 6/18. Myopia should not be more than 3.5D and hypermetropia not more than 3.5D including Astigmatism. For women candidates the minimum acceptable visual acuity are Distant Vision ( corrected ) better eye 6/6, worse 6/18, Myopia of not more than minus 5.5 including Astigmatism. Internal examination of the eye will be done by means of ophthalmoscope to rule out any disease of the eye. A candidate must have good binocular vision. The colour vision standard will be CP III.
A candidate should be able to recognize red and green colours. Candidates who have undergone or have the evidence of having undergone Radial Keratotomy to improve the visual acuity will be permanently rejected. In order to detect PRK / LASIK all the candidates at SMB will be subjected to the measurement of Axial length by A-Scan biometer. Candidates aged 20 years or above who have undergone Laser Surgery for correction of refractive error will be considered for commission in Army If they fulfill following criteria :1. Uncomplicated stable LASIK / Excimer ( PRK ) laser procedure done for. Myopia or Hypermetropia, with stable refraction for a period of six months after the procedure.
2. A healthy retina.
3. Corrected vision should be 6/6 in better eye and 6/9 in worse eye, with maximum residual refraction of : ± 1.50 in any meridian for myopia or hypermetropia.
4. Axial length within permissible limits.
- Tattoo Policy : For details on the Tattoo policy, please visit our website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
6. Physical Fitness Standards at OTA : Prospective candidates are advised to exercise and keep themselves physically fit, in order to avoid any injury due to the rigorous physical training at Officers Training Academy. In order to be able to adjust to the regime there, candidates are advised to achieve following standard before joining the OTA, if finally selected :
- Running 2.4 km in 15 minutes,
- Push Ups – 13 Nos.
- Sit Ups – 25 Nos.
- Chin Ups 6 Nos.
- Rope Climbing 3-4 Meters.
7. Indian Army NCC Scheme Entry Medical Examination 2016 : A candidates recommended by the Service Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical Officers. Women candidates recommended by Service Selection Board will undergo medical examination by a medical board of male / female doctors / Specialists / Gynecologist. However, there will be a Lady Medical Officer as member of the Medical Board for female candidates. Only those candidates will be admitted to the Academy who are declared fit by the Special Medical Board. However, the candidates declared unfit will be intimated by the President of the Special Medical Board about procedure for request for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ). Candidates who are unfit may apply for Appeal Medical Board ( AMB ) to be completed within 42 days of SMB and may request for Review Medical Board ( RMB ) within 1 day of completion of Appeal Medical Board.
Candidates for AMB shall automatically report to the hospital opted by them on any working day, keeping in view the time taken by postal authorities to deliver their Medical documents at the Hospital for medical examination. No call shall be given by the opted hospital and no correspondence in this regard shall be entertained. Candidates are advised in their own interest to appear for AMB well in time and should not wait for the last date given by the SMB. Candidates are advised to note that Recruiting Directorate has no role to play in Appeal Medical Boards; the procedure advised by medical authorities is strictly to be adhered to. The candidates will also be intimated that Review Medical Board ( RMB ) will be granted at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and that RMB is not a matter of right. Candidates will only be considered medically fit on receipt of the approved medical board proceedings from concerned medical authorities in Dte Gen Rtg.
8. In their own interest the candidates are advised to undergo a preliminary medical check-up for wax in ears, refractory error of eyes and fungal infection of skin before reporting for the SSB interview.
9. Method of Selection for Indian Army NCC Entry 2016 :
- All applications are to be forwarded to Recruiting Directorate ( NCC Entry ) through HQ Directorate General NCC. The NCC Units / Group HQ’s will forward the applications to State Directorates who in turn will forward the same to HQ Directorate General NCC.
- Thorough screening / Shortlisting of applications based on qualifications of the candidates will be carried out by the NCC Directorates and HQ Directorate General NCC.
- Candidates not in receipt of call letter from any of the Selection Centres for SSB interview should presume that either their applications have been received after due date or have been found ineligible or rejected during short-listing. No correspondence in this regard will be entertained. Candidates after shortlisting will be detailed for SSB interview by Directorate General of Recruiting. The decision of Headquarter Directorate General NCC and Directorate General Recruiting in Army HQ, in the matter of Shortlisting and forwarding of applications to SSBs will be final.
- On arrival at the Selection Centre the candidates will be administered stage – I of the two stages testing procedure. Candidates failing in stage – I will be sent back on the same day and those who qualify will be detained to undergo Group Tests. Psychological Tests and Interview which will extend for a duration of 5 days. excluding the reporting day.
- Candidates recommended by SSBs will be required to go through Medical Exam. Candidates who are found medically fit will be placed in order of merit as per the marks obtained in SSB interview amongst the recommended candidates. Boarding and lodging during interviews at SSBs are free. Recommendation by SSB confers no right of admission to the Officers Training Academy. The final selection will be made as per the order of merit subject to medical fitness and suitability in all other respects and number of vacancies available.
- The merit list of the recommended candidates will be displayed at the reception of Directorate General Recruiting and Directorate General Recruiting website i.e. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
10. Entitlement for Travelling Allowance : Candidates appearing for SSB interviews for the first time for a particular type of commission shall be entitled for AC III Tier to and fro railway fare or bus fare including reservation-Cum-Sleeper Charges within the Indian Limits. Candidates who appear again for the same type of commission will not be entitled to travelling allowances on any subsequent occasion.
11. Training at OTA Chennai is at Govt Expenses : Duration of Training is 49 weeks training at OTA, Chennai, on successful completion of which candidates will be granted commission in the rank of Lt. Candidates will not be allowed to live with parents / guardian. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at OTA. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his / her application though successful at the Service Selection Board interview or Medical Examination will not be inducted for training. A candidate if she / he marries while under training shall be discharge and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him / her by the govt. It is also applicable to the Wards of Battle Causalities of Army Personnel. University of Madras will award “Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” to all cadets who successfully complete Pre-Commission Training at OTA, chennai.
12. The final allocation of Arms / Service will be made prior to passing out gentleman cadets / Lady cadets from OTA.
13. Terms and Conditions of Service :
- On joining the Army, some of personal restrictions in service will be imposed in accordance with Article 33 of Constitution of India as promulgated in the Army Act and Army Rules from time to time.
- Period of Probation : An officer will be on probation for a period of 6 months from the date he / she receives his Short Service Commission. If he / she is reported on within the probationary period as unsuitable to retain his / her Short Service Commission, his / her services may be terminated any time whether before or after the expiry of the probationary period.
- Posting : Personnel granted Short Service Commission are liable to serve anywhere in India and abroad.
- Tenure of Engagement : Officers will be required to serve for ten years extendable by a further period of four years, subject to their performance having been found fit for extension of tenure and having given option for the service. Male Officers who are willing to continue services in Army after the expiry of 10 years in Short Service Commission may if eligible and suitable in all respects be considered for Grant of Permanent Commission in accordance with the relevant rules.
- Termination of Short Service Commission : An officer granted Short Service Commission will be liable to serve for ten years but his Commission may be terminated at any time by the Government of India for
- Misconduct or if his / her services are found to be unsatisfactory, or
- On account of medical unfitness, or
- If his / her services are no longer required, or
- If he / she fails to qualify in any prescribed test or course,
- An officer may on giving 3 months notice be permitted to resign his / her commission on compassionate grounds of which the Government of India will be the sole judge. An officer who is permitted to resign his / her commission on compassionate grounds will not be eligible for terminal gratuity.
14. Cost of Training : The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case a GC / LC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @8785/- per week for the period of his stay at OTA, Chennai.
15. Pay and Allowances :
a. Indian Army NCC Entry Pay Scale 2016 : The promotion from Lieutenant to Lieutenant Colonel is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The pay scale and promotion criteria are as under :
|Rank||Pay Band / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP||Remarks|
|Lieutenant||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||5400||6000||On commission|
|Captain||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6100||6000||On completion of 2 years|
|Major||PB - 3 / 15600 - 39100||6600||6000||On completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8000||6000||On completion of 13 years|
|Colonel||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8700||6000||On selection basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions.|
|Brigadier||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||8900||6000|
|Major General||PB - 4 / 37400 - 67000||10000||Nil|
|Lt General / HAG Scale||67000 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) - 79000||Nil||Nil|
|HAG + Scale* *Admissible to 1/3rd of total strength of Lt|
|75500 - ( annual increment @ 3% ) – 80000||Nil||Nil|
|VCOAS / Army Cdr / Lt Gen ( NFSG )||80000 ( Fixed )||Nil||Nil|
|COAS||90000 ( Fixed )||Nil||Nil|
b. Allowances as Applicable : The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as
|Allowances||To Whom Applicable||Rates|
|Fd Area Allowance||Officers Posted to Fd Area||4200/-pm|
|High Altitude / Uncongentel climate||Officers posted in High Altitude / Uncongentel Climate||11200/-pm|
|Siachen||Officers posted in Siachen||14000/-pm|
|Flying Allowance||Officers Posted as Army Aviation||9000/-pm|
|Parachute Allowance||Officers posted in Active Parachute Bn / Regt||1200/-pm|
|Special Force Allowance||Officers Posted in Special Forces||9000/-pm|
|Transport Allowance||Officers posted in Peace Station||3200 + DA Pm in A1/A Cities and 1600 + DA Pm at Other Cities.|
|House Rent Allowances||To Officers not provided Govt Accommodation.||10% - 30% of Basic Pay ( Pay
Band + Grade Pay + MSP )
|Kit Maint Allowance||All Officers||400/-pm|
|Uniform Allowance ( Outfit Allowance )||All Officers||Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every three years.|
|Qualification Pay / Grant for Service Courses||All Officers undergoing specified courses||6000 - 20000/-|
|Instructional Allowance||All Officers posted as instructors||1800/-|
Note : In the case of allowances specific to Defence Forces, the rates of these allowances have been further enhanced by 50% as Dearness Allowance has gone up by 100%.
Cost to Company ( CTC ) : The CTC for a Lieutenant would be approximately 70,000/- per month. This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance and Transport Allowance. These rates are not statutory and are subject to change.
Privileges : In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Army provide free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, Canteen facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports facilities, Furnished Govt Accommodation, Car / Housing Loan at subsidized rate.
16. Army Group Insurance Fund : The Gentlemen / Lady Cadets ( GCs / LCs ) of OTA when in receipt of stipend are insured for 50 lac with effect from 01 Sep 2013. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be 25 lac which is proportionately reduced up to 5 lac for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability, no disability benefit is eligible but an Ex-Gratia Grant of 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefits and ex Gratia Grant. In addition, Gentleman / Lady Cadet withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, or as undesirable or voluntarily leaves the Academy will also not be eligible for disability benefits and Ex Gratia Grant.
Subscription at the rate of 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentleman / Lady Cadets who are in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicable to regular Army Officers.
17. Reserve Liability : SSC officers on release before or expiry of contractual length of service will carry reserve liability to serve the army for five years plus two years on voluntary basis or upto the age of 37 years for women and 40 years for men whichever is earlier.