Indian Navy 10+2 ( Technical ) Cadet Entry Scheme
1. Applications are invited from Unmarried Male Candidates ( fulfilling the conditions regarding nationality as laid down by the Government of India ) to join the prestigious Indian Naval Accademy, Ezhimala, Kerala under 10+2 ( Technical ) Cadet Entry Scheme.
Eligibility Conditions :
2. Age : 17 to 191/2 years ( i.e. born between 02 January 1991 & 01 July 1993. ( both dates inclusive ).
3. Educational Qualification :
Senior Secondary Examination ( 10+2 Pattern ) or its equivalent from University / Board with at least 70 % aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics ( PCM ) and at least 50% marks in English ( either in Class X or Class XII ).
4. Physical Standards :
- Height and Weight : Minimum height – 157 cms with correlated weight as per age.
- Eye Sight : The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision 6/18, 6/18 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
Note : There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
5. Indian Navy Cadet Entry Scheme – Application Form
- Application Forms in accordance with the prescribed format and complete in all respects with superscription on the envelope “Application for 10+2 ( TECH ) – July 2010 Course. Qualification ….Perentage …..% is to be sent to the following address by 09 November, 2009. Post Bag No. 5, GPO, New Delhi – 110 001.
- Application must be sent in the format given in the advertisement, otherwise it will be rejected.
- Application must be accompanied by attested copies of 10th Standard certificate for verification of date of birth and other educational certificates as required.
- Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged / stitched by thread. Integrated Headquaters of Min of Defence ( Navy ) [ IHQ - MoD ( Navy ) ] will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
Note : Application sent by Speed Post / Registered Post / Courier will not be accepted.
Type of Commission:
6. On successful completion of course / training, candidates will be granted Permanent Commission as Technical Officers in the Engineering & Electrical Branches of the Indian Navy.
7. The Selection procedure for the Entry is as follows:
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board ( SSB ) interviews based on their PCM marks in 10+2/equivalent Examination.
- SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled during December 09 to May 2010 at Bangalore, Bhopal or Coimbatore.
- The total duration of SSB interviews is of 5 days, consisting Stage I ( Day one ) and Stage II ( Four days ). Stage I Tests consist of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests ( PDPT ). Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day from SSB centre. Stage II Tests consist of Psychological Tests, Group Task Tests, Group discussion and Interview. Successful candidates will therafter undergo Medical Examination at nearest military hospital for duration of 05 days.
- Candidates recommended by the SSBs and declared medically fit, will be appointed for training in order of all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstances.
- Candidates who wish to change their SSB dates must apply to the President of the SSB. Award of fresh dates for SSB would be subject to availability at respective SSB.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- Return 2nd Class Sleeper rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for the entry.
8. The training is scheduled to commence in July 2010.
9. Selected Candidates will be inducted as Cadets for four year B.Tech course in Electronics & Communication and Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala Kerala.
During the course cadets will be allotted Engineering or Electrical branch. On completion of the course, B Tech Degree will be awarded by Jawahar Lal Nehru University ( JNU ).
- The Entire cost of training. Including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy.
- The Cadets will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
The Navy Offers You
10. On successful completion of training you will be commissioned as Sub Lieutenant.
The benefits of the life as an officer in the Navy are enumerated in succeeding paragraphs.
11. Pay Scale & Promotions:
The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis and thereafter on selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service condition.
The Pay Scale and promotion criteria is as follows :
|Rank||Pay Bands / Scale||Grade Pay||MSP|
|Sub Lieutenant||PB - 3/15600 - 39100||5400||6000|
|Lieutenant||PB - 3/15600 - 39100||6100||6000|
|Lieutenant||CDR PB - 3/15600 - 39100||6600||6000|
|Commander||PB - 4A/37400 - 67000||8000||6000|
|Captain||PB - 4/37400 - 67000||8700||6000|
|Commodore||PB - 4/37400 - 67000||8900||6000|
|Rear Admiral||PB - 4/37400 - 67000||10000||Nil|
|Vice Admiral||PB - 4/37400 - 67000||12000||Nil|
|Vice Admiral ( C - IN - C / VCNS / PSO )||80000 / Fixed||Nil||Nil|
12. Allowances ( as applicable ):
The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows :
|Allowances||To whom granted||Rate Per Month (pm) (in Rs)|
|Technical||Technical Officer||2000 - 5000/ pm depending on course qualified|
|Instructional||All Officers posted as Instructor||1800/pm|
|Flying Allowance||Qualified Pilot/Observer||9000 - 14000/ pm|
|Submarine||Qualified Submariner||9000 - 14000/ pm|
|Marcos||Qualified As Marcos||9000 - 14000/ pm|
|Diving||Clearance/Ships Diver||800/400/ pm|
|Sea going||All Naval Officer Serving Onboard Ships ( Sailing Only )||4200 - 5200/ pm on basis of Rank|
|Uniform||All Officers||16000 ( Initial grant ) & 5000 ( Every 3 Years )|
|Hard Area||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Government. All Officers not provided Government 25% of basic Pay||10 - 30 % of Basic ( Pay )|
|House Rent||All Officers not provided Government Accommodation||10 - 30 % of Basic ( Pay Band +Grade Pay +MSP )|
|Transport||All Officers||1600 - 3200 ( + DA thereon )|
Free Medical Facilities for Self & dependents, canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess / Club / Sports Facilities, Furnished Government Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
14. Group Insurance & Gratuity:
Insurance cover of 30 lakhs ( on contribution ) and Gratuity will be granted to the officer as per the latest rules in vogue.
15. Leave Entitlements:
On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year ( subject to service exigencies ).
They are also entitled for 40% rail concession to any place and free travel ( as per extant rules ) for self and family.
Leave during training period will be as per the Training Policy in vouge.
16. Sports & Adventure:
The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hang gliding, wind surfing etc.
17. Physical fitness:
In Naval Academy curriculum, a lot of emphasis is laid on physical fitness. You are therefore, advised to build up yourself by physical training, sports, running, swimming, etc. so that you meet the training goals successfully.
- Apply on A4 Size Paper ( Typed or Handwritten ) as per Format Below.
- Only Application as per Format Below will be Accepted.
- Application Form to be Filled in English Only in Block Capitals.
- Strike Out Whatever is not Applicable.
- Attach Attested Copy of Class Ten Certificate for Date of Birth Verification.
- Attach Attested Copies of all other Educational Certificates.
- Application and Enclosures to be Properly Tagged Together / Stitched by Thread to Avoid Loss of Enclosures.
The terms and conditions given in this advertisement are subject to change and should, therefore, be treated as guidelines only Details are also available on website : www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.