Last Date of Filling Online Application for UES 27 Course has been extended to 15th September, 2016 (10.00 AM)
Conditions of Eligibility for Indian Army UES Entry Scheme 2018
- Nationality :A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India or
- a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
- a person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, SriLanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambi, Malawai, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidate who are Gorkhas subject of Nepal.
- Indian Army UES Entry Age Limit 2016 :18 – 24 years as on 01 July, 2018 ( Candidate born between 02nd July, 1994 and 1st July, 2000 both dates inclusives ).
- Educational Qualification for Indian Army UES Entry 2018 : Candidates studying in the Pre-Final Year (in academic session 2016-2017) of the Engineering Course in recognised Universities / Institutions / Colleges in the subjects will be eligible to apply for Indian Army UES 27th University Entry Scheme (July 2018) Course.
- Indian Army HQ reserves the right to short list applications for Indian Army UES Entry Scheme 2018 and to fix cut of percentage engineering stream wise, for preliminary screening and India Army SSB interview, based on aggregate percentage marks scored by the candidates in the first two years/four semesters of the engineering degree course.
Type of Commission :
- Permanent Commission : On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority : One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to UES Entry candidates.
Indian Army JAG Training and Prospects 2018 :
- Selected candidates for UES-27 will be detailed for Indian Army training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit, discipline wise upto the number of vacancies in Indian Army available at the time.
- Duration of Training in Indian Army UES 2018 is one year.
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training in Indian Army nor will be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will be allowed to live with parents / Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Indian Military Academy. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at the Services Selection Board interview or medical examination, will not be inducted for training. A candidate if he marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
- Training at Indian Military Academy is at Government Expense.
Army Group Insurance Fund and Gratuity in Indian Army 2016 :
The Gentleman cadets of IMA in receipt of stipend are insured for 60 lakhs with effect from 01 October 2015. Those who get medically boarded out of Academy on account of disability, the disability cover provided for 100% disability will be 25 lakh which is proportionately reduced upto 5 lakh for 20% disability. However, for less than 20% disability, only an Ex Gratia grant of 50,000/- will be paid. Disability due to alcoholism, drug addiction and due to the diseases of pre-enrolment origin will not qualify for disability benefit and Ex Gratia Grant. In addition, Gentleman cadets withdrawn on disciplinary grounds, expelled as an undesirable or voluntarily leaving the academy will also not be eligible for disability benefits and Ex Gratia. Subscription at the rate of 5,000/- will have to be paid in advance on monthly basis by the Gentlemen cadets in receipt of stipend and will become members of the main Army Group Insurance Scheme as applicable to regular Army Officers. Gratuity will be granted to the officers as per the latest rules in force.