IAF Commissioned Officers Exam
Introduction to IAF Commissioned Officers :
The job of an IAF Commissioned Officer is a lucrative one. As an officer in the Indian Air Force you strategize, lead and manage. The candidates are selected through a national level Civil Services IAF Officer’s Examination.
IAF Commissioned Officer exam is basically conducted for recruitment of officers into administrative, logistic, education, accounts, meteorological and air traffic branches of the IAF.
After the selection the candidates go for rigorous training in diversified fields and environments. The IAF Commissioned Officers training gives them enough expertise to face any challenges in future.
Eligibility for IAF Commissioned Officers Exam
Minimum Educational Qualification and Age Limit :
Administrative & Logistics Branch :
- Graduate 1 Class – Age : 20-23 years
- Or Post-Graduate / MBA / PGDBA I Or II Class – Age : 20-25 years
- Or LLB three-year (or 5 years) course I or II Class – Age : 20-26 years. (Or 20 to 25 years).
- LLB candidates are eligible to apply for Administrative Branch only.
Education Branch :
- Post-Graduate in English / Psychology / Defence Studies / Maths / Physics / Statistics / Computer Science – I or II Class. Or
- BE – I or II Class. Or
- MBA with a combination of minimum of two subjects of Physics, Maths, Statistics, English, Psychology, Defence Studies at B.A. / B.Sc. level – I or II Class.
- Age : 11-25 years.
Accounts Branch :
- B.Com. / B.Com. (Hons) in I Division – Age : 20-25 years Or
- B.Com in I / II Division – Age : 20-25 years Or
- B.Com. / M.Com. with AICWA / Chartered / Registered or Incorporated Accountant
- Age : 20-27 years.
Meteorological Branch :
M.Sc. Degree in
- Applied Physical
- Geophysics with Meteorology and Oceanography
- Oceanography with specialization in Meteorology
- MA / MSc in Maths or Applied Mathematics
- M Tech in Atmosphere Sciences from IIT Delhi in I / II Class with Physics and Maths as subjects at BSc level
Age : 20-25 years.
Note : Age is reckoned as on the date of commencement of course of the year of admission.
Reservation of Seats : 10% vacancies are reserved for NCC candidates holding other eligibility conditions and passed Air Wing ‘C’ certificate examination.