IAF Airman Non-Technical Cadre Exam
Introduction to IAF Airman Non-Technical Cadre :
If you join the Air Force as an airman in non-technical trades, you will provide invaluable assistance and support to the various functions of the Indian Air Force.
From weather forecasting to maintenance of records and files, your contribution is seminal to the effective functioning of the Air Force and all its branches.
I.A.F. Airman (Non-Technical Trades) Exam is conducted for Indian male citizens. The selection process for this non-technical course commences twice a year : first from January to June and second from July to December.
For the courses commencing in the month of January, the Indian Air force Non Technical Cadre exams are held in the month of August / September of the preceding year and for the courses commencing in July, exams are held in the month of April or May of the same year.
Eligibility for IAF Airman Non-Technical Cadre Exam
Age Limit for IAF Airman Non-Technical Cadre Exam :
16½ years to 19½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is commencing. Upper age limit is relaxable by two years in technical trades for those who have passed Intermediate / equivalent examination or completed 3 years diploma course in Engineering.
Educational Qualification for IAF Airman Exam :
A candidate should have passed Matriculation or its equivalent examination with English as compulsory subject and minimum of 45 per cent marks in aggregate with pass marks in English. For Mechanical Transport Driver Trade there is no minimum percentage of marks.
Indian Air Force Physical Standards :
- Minimum Height : 152.5 cm.
- Chest Expanded chest measurement should not be less than 75 cm with minimum range of expansion of 5 cm.
- Weight : Corresponding to height and age.
- Vision : At least 6/ 12 in each eye without glasses or 6/6 in better eye and 6/36 in the worse eye without glasses, correctible to 6/6 in each eye with glasses.
- Normal hearing.
- General Health : Free from all communicable diseases and cardiovascular, medical or surgical deformities or infection.