During Training : 4592 for Soldiers GD, 3940 for Non metric Entry Soldiers.
After Training : 5485 for GD Soldiers, 5137 for Non Metric Entry Soldiers.
Others Allowances :
- Free Ration
- Free Transport
- Free accommodation
- Free Medical Facilities
- Free Clothing
- Group Housing Scheme
- Army / Navy / Air Force Group Insurance of Five Lakhs
- Leave With Pay 60 Days Annual leave
- Leave With Pay 30 Days Casual Leave
- Sick leave / Medical leave
- Free Ration for self for leave period
- Canteen Facilities for Self and Family
- Children Education Allowance
- Modified / Field Area Allowance
- Counter Insurgency Allowance
- Siachen Area Allowance
- UN Mission Allowance
- Deputation Allowance
- Gallantry Award Allowance
- Special Forces Allowance
- Flying Allowance
- Parachute allowance
Scope for becoming an officer :
A sepoy / Airman / Sailor can become an officer subject to certain conditions. Free Diplomas / Degree for doing certain courses + Allowances for the same. (Example Foreign Language course).
The Solider can raise up to the rank of Subdar major or its equivalent in the navy / Air Force. The pay would raise up to 12,000 per month with all allowances. The Soliders get opportunity to become Officers in the respective forces. They can serve up to the age of 48 years.