10+2 Technical Entry in Indian Navy – Also Visit for : Indian Navy 10+2 Cadet Entry
Naval College of Engineering
INS Shivaji Lonavla
10+2 Technical Entry in Indian Navy is for male students who have passed 12th standard with PCM and obtained not less than 75% in aggregate.The Naval College of Engineering is one of the best engineering College in the country and the only of its kind in Asia. The College prepares Officers to make a Career in Marine / Electrical / Electronics / Aeronautical Engineering or in Naval Architecture Cadres of the Indian Navy.
Service : Navy – Engineering Branch ( Marine )
Type of Entry : 10 + 2 ( Technical ) Cadet entry to Naval College of Engineering , INS (Indian Naval Ship) Shivaji, Lonavla ( Pune )
Type of Commission : On completion of course, successful candidates will be granted Permanent Commission in the Navy as Technical Officers.
Age : Candidates should be between 16 ½ to 19 ½ years as on 01 Jan on the year of commencement of the course.
Technical Entry Educational Qualification : Senior Secondary Examination ( 10 +2 ) or is equivalent from University / Board with at least 75 % aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Frequency of Course : Once a Year commencing in the month of December every year.
Technical Entry Selection Procedure : No Written Test.
- All short listed candidates will be called for SSB Interview at any one of the following places : Bangalore, Bhopal , Coimbatore, Allahabad
- Screening test followed by 4 days of SSB Interview
- Recommended candidates will have to undergo medical examination.
- Merit list, Call up for training at INS Shivaji.
Physical Standard of Technical Entry :
- Height and Weight : Minimum acceptable height is 157 Cms with co-related Weight and proportionate chest with minimum 5 cms expansion.
- Eye Sight : Unaided distant vision 6/12, 6/18.
Technical Entry Training :
- The course is scheduled to commence in December.
- First 6 Months: Candidates are entered as cadets and undergo Naval Orientation Course at Naval Academy Goa.
- Next 4 years Engineering Course at the Naval College of Engineering INS Shivaji. Lonavla
- On successful completion of the course, a B.Tech Degree is awarded by JawaharLal Nehru University New Delhi.
The entire cost of 10+2 Technical Entry training in Indian Navy including books and reading material is borne by the Navy. Cadets are also provided with free Accommodation. Food, Clothing, Medical cover and traveling passes.After each term of 6 months, the cadets are granted about 3 weeks of leave.
Stipend / Pay and Allowances :
- After Successful completion of initial 3 ½ years of training Cadets are promoted to the rank of Midshipman and get a stipend of 8000/- per month.
- After successful completion of further 6 months training, midshipman are promoted to the rank of Sub lieutenant with total emoluments of approximately 11,500 per month.
Application Form for 10 + 2 Technical Entry in Indian Navy :
Application form for 10+2 Technical Entry in Indian Navy must be in accordance with the prescribed format. Envelope must have the superscription – “Application for NCE ” for the course commencing in Dec 2006. Address where application is required to be sent to the following address :
Manpower Planning & Recruitment (R & R),
Room No : 204, “C” Wing. Sena Bhawan ,
New Delhi- 110 011.